[Beta] Gear softlock? Doing something wrong?

DezZzO

Happens on every new run in arena.
After some time I just can't equip specific gear, like these boots and silk shirt in the video.
It shows as it's already equipped, but nobody is using it. All I can do is just sell it.
Maybe I'm missing anything? Never happened in main branch version. I tried EVERYTHING. Nothing works.

Last edited:

Ransom

I can't see very good since my screen is dark, but could the clothes possibly have changed tier levels somehow? Like if your guys were inept or something and the clothes were expert somehow? IDK since, like I said, my screen is too dark to see anything.

DezZzO

I can't see very good since my screen is dark, but could the clothes possibly have changed tier levels somehow? Like if your guys were inept or something and the clothes were expert somehow? IDK since, like I said, my screen is too dark to see anything.
Sadly, I doubt it has anything with item tiers. Happened to inept items that should equipable at any tier.
Anway, after some testing there is a fix:
Sell these items and rebuy them. Fixes the issue for the time being.

Though, had to resign from beta.
I still had other issues of items duping/disappearing randomly from my inventory, constant "item doesn't exist" errors and stuff like that. A bummer, because I really liked beta changes, but somehow inventory is now a bigger mess than it was in the stable branch.

Ransom

Sadly, I doubt it has anything with item tiers. Happened to inept items that should equipable at any tier.
Anway, after some testing there is a fix:
Sell these items and rebuy them. Fixes the issue for the time being.

Though, had to resign from beta.
I still had other issues of items duping/disappearing randomly from my inventory, constant "item doesn't exist" errors and stuff like that. A bummer, because I really liked beta changes, but somehow inventory is now a bigger mess than it was in the stable branch.
That's freaky stuff. It never happened to me during my playthrough, but I hope they get that fixed nonetheless before the update goes public.

DezZzO

That's freaky stuff. It never happened to me during my playthrough, but I hope they get that fixed nonetheless before the update goes public.
Weird as it seems I'm the only one having this issue, though my game was a fresh install.

Ransom

Weird as it seems I'm the only one having this issue, though my game was a fresh install.
I assume you've tried this already, but have you done the game file validation through the Steam launcher? I've had some games just install incorrectly and cause unique glitches like what's happening to you, and validating the files has, most generally, fixed it. If that doesn't do the trick, it must just be an actual bug in the software, and you're the only unfortunate soul to be afflicted with it currently.

DezZzO

I assume you've tried this already, but have you done the game file validation through the Steam launcher? I've had some games just install incorrectly and cause unique glitches like what's happening to you, and validating the files has, most generally, fixed it. If that doesn't do the trick, it must just be an actual bug in the software, and you're the only unfortunate soul to be afflicted with it currently.
Thanks for the idea, I did a fresh reinstall, but I'm going to do a file validation just in case and see how it works sometime later.
I do hope this will be the fix, don't want to be a single person stuck with this constant nonsense.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.