Coffee Diary 22/11/21

Zetheros

Developer
Hey Exanimates,

We released the tournament beta update this week, which included a lot of changes, and thanks to our top notch Discord community we were able to quickly fix issues. Things are looking good with only some small additions left now for the final main branch release.

We're really happy with tournaments, they can be fairly challenging even for experienced players, they added much more structure to arena, with goals and an end-game. There's actual reasons to build up your roster and arsenal and new ways to acquire high end items, especially once the real rewards (the armour sets) are added.

We've also made some important performance improvements and we've been working on compatibility with some GPU drivers, particularly on Linux.

We're going to be mostly just adding in the new arena content now, which is done, but needs a final quality control pass. There are a few more nice features we'd like to introduce that are at various stages of completion, but we anyway plan to do another smaller update soon after the main branch release.

Have a great week!
-the BM team

Ganthor

I'm so excited to see the tournaments! Had an unfortunate hard drive crash so I'm grinding back from 0 but I love this game so much that I don't even mind. Kinda nice to get a fresh start at the inventory

Ganthor

will there ever be news about sui generis?
Probably once they decide they're close to finished with Exanima, which they aren't. Still have a bunch of magic and dismemberment mechanics to add, as well as multiplayer. They plan on adding some small number of new levels to Exanima story mode too, not sure how many though. The game is really far along at this point but they'll probably make an announcement about the full game when they have an end date for Exanima

Boriz

Probably once they decide they're close to finished with Exanima, which they aren't. Still have a bunch of magic and dismemberment mechanics to add, as well as multiplayer. They plan on adding some small number of new levels to Exanima story mode too, not sure how many though. The game is really far along at this point but they'll probably make an announcement about the full game when they have an end date for Exanima
It seems to me that it looks like cheating, if the development is so difficult, why not find people who could help?
For people with kickstarter, this is cheating, working with the public is just zero

Midcal9

That is not what a real fan would ask, here let me show you what real fans want;

Dear Exanima Dev's,

When are you going to add/complete Level 6 procedural weapons? I hope you didn't forget about them, since they ought to be the most coolest, niceest and OP-est weaponz!

Last edited:

Ransom

A lot of the Exanima updates are actually news about Sui Generis. When Exanima is done, they will use the same engine and everything for Sui Generis. As for the speed of these updates, it is not about team size or technical challenge. Bare Mettle programs on their free time while still happily working normal day jobs. Hiring a team or going full time would not benefit the final product because Sui Generis is nothing more than a passion project on the side for Bare Mettle people. The reason there is no donation box or Kickstarter anymore is because they, quite frankly, have no purpose for extra money. TLDR: Sui Generis is a personal project and we have no influence over it, which is a good thing.

Ganthor

It seems to me that it looks like cheating, if the development is so difficult, why not find people who could help?
For people with kickstarter, this is cheating, working with the public is just zero
Please calm down, this is a passion project, not a publishing company funded, AAA game. I know how incredibly exciting this game and it's potential are and I too want to see it and Sui Generis completed, but bitching at the devs to hurry up isn't going to get the game done any faster. There's a lot more involved with expanding a team than just "finding other people who could help." They would have to change their whole workflow. I'd rather see the team get this done the way they feel it needs to be done so that it can be the best end product that it can be. There are a million games out there, if you're frustrated at a lack of content, play something else a while

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.