Coffee Diary 20/12/21

Zetheros

Developer
Hey Exanimates,

In typical Bare Mettle fashion we released a major update late on Sunday night. This was the main branch update, check out the full release notes here if you haven't already: https://steamcommunity.com/games/362490/announcements/detail/5612046175808103529

There's a few fixes we need to do and will get to working on right away, but it was a pretty smooth release. We've got some nice additions we want to do very soon, such as dyes and travelling merchants, some more arenas and items and some combat mechanics improvements. In general we can take just a little time now to improve things where we think it's needed.

We're very excited to be focusing on story again. The major additions for the next update are a new area and force thaumaturgy, but there's quite a few smaller yet still important changes and additions we want to make. Some of these will likely come in smaller updates along the way, and we think we'll continue to use the beta branch for testing as this was quite useful and kept the feedback loop very active.

That's all for today, you can expect some smaller updates soon and as always come back here to find out about the new stuff we'll be working on.

Have a great week!
-the BM team

Is Multiplayer something you guys are going to look at when Exanima is closer to its fully finished state? I love every update you guys put out but I am especially looking forward to hearing more about when I might be able to play it with friends!

QcNerdz

With these amazing and tremendous additions now done and added to the main branch, I can't be more excited to see what's coming for the story! I've been reading every coffee diary for the past year, every single week, so it's nice to see how far your team has gone, and I can't imagine the amount of hard work that has been put into this major update. Just by reading it, I felt overwhelmed by the amount of work you've done! I am just in love with this project, with the passion of your team and the shear audacity you have. There is just so much you have done, such as your custom tools, and you have achieved what the biggest companies never do. As a 3D amateur modeler, game tech enthusiast and long time gamer, I am completely baffled by the proceduraly generated weapon models, textures, stats, and the same goes for armors, and that is only one of the many things that where added throughout this year. I am loooking forward to what is coming next (I have to say that work on story and addition of multiplayer (if you can achieve this, I can die in peace to be honest) are two things that raise my heartbeat instantly). Keep doing whatever you are doing, because it works, and the results are great! Even though we are going through hard times, you rock, and you deliver the best you can make. I don't have hopes for the game to be good, because I don't need to. I, and the rest of this community for sure, simply KNOW that the end result will be incomparable, unprecedented and an amaizingly fun game to play! You can all be proud of yourselves for what you have done so far, and I really hope everything goes fine for all of you!

Big cheering from Montreal! You people are the best! And good luck until the next update!

The Scout

Was wondering, are you planning on bringing the procedural weapons, and materials stuff to the late story mode/unique armor, and weapons that are currently static? Love the update, and the procedural weapons has really added a lot to my experience of the game.

Last edited:

Midcal9

Was wondering, are you planning on bringing the procedural weapons, and materials stuff to the late story mode/unique armor, and weapons that are currently static? Love the update, and the procedural weapons has really added a lot to my experience of the game.
They have previously stated that they will, but don't forget to remind them about it cuz I want them now!

On a serious note, I think they were planning to work on level 6 weapons once they will shift their focus to the story mode which has already happened. Most of those weapons fit into a certian style rubric or theme of that place and as such they ought to differ from their "normal" procedural weapons. Those are my guesses however.

Last edited:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.