Recent content by arisian

1. A

Thoughts and Ideas General

I've been greatly enjoying the new Arena features introduced in v8.3, but I've noticed that the new item system has exacerbated the long-standing issue of "waiting forever for Merchant RNG to give me what I want". While I understand some of the reasons for not wanting players to get "optimal"...
  2. A

[0.8] Loyalty spell bugs/issues

Alright, that's fair, though at the moment the systems involved are somewhat opaque to the player. Having to be extremely careful about fighting with allies (so as not to piss them off) makes sense, even if it sometimes feels like success is more a matter of luck than skill (e.g. sometimes a...
  3. A

[0.8] Loyalty spell bugs/issues

I've been playing with the new version (0.8) for a few days now, and I've been having a lot of fun with the new thaumaturgy system, but I've run into a few issues I figured were worth reporting. The 'Loyalty' spell in particular is a game-changer, but I've encountered several places where it...
  4. A

Feedback on v0.7.2.1

I just spent a few days with the latest build, and figured I'd give my thoughts. Overall, I think the game is making good progress; I enjoyed the new area very much, I love all the new art and the more free-form "rooms." As always, I like the "environmental storytelling," i.e. having areas...
  5. A

Controls feeling crisp... but dem insta-overheads T.T

I've seen this as well, but I don't think the behavior is completely restricted to overhands. Rather, I feel like occasionally there will be some physics glitch that results in an opponent getting a "free" attack of some kind after their weapon has hit something. It happens occasionally with...
  6. A

[Bug - v0.6.1.9e] repeated CTD, openGL driver reports "TDR" error

This was the case for me as well, but unfortunately I'm not sure this makes it any easier to pin down. This kind of thing is almost impossible to debug unless the devs have access to a system on which it occurs (and even that's no guarantee). But if it's a problem specific to OC'd cards (not...
  7. A

The level 4

Well, he's in a room with some scrolls that indicate Thaven's apprentice retreated to that room to die. Also, it's clear Thaven's apprentice came through the portal, but there's no direct evidence of anyone else having done so recently. So it seems reasonably to think that's him as a zombie...
  8. A

About Weapon and Armor (and more)

Personally, I find the Bardiche to be my favorite in the "intermediate" arena tiers; it's good against most anything other than the top-tier pole arms (you can still win, but it's not as effective as it is against everything else), so I use it from Novice to Expert. I like the spear too, for...
  9. A

Gpu overheat.

There's an in-game FPS display you can toggle in the menu; turn it on, and see what framerate you're getting. If you're running at several hundred FPS, try turning on v-sync to limit it to 60FPS. That may be sufficient to get your temps down without having to upgrade your cooler...
  10. A

Success! After a bit of poking, I determined that (at least for me) this seems to be some sort of strange "overclocking" related error. I put "overclocking" in quotes because I've never actively overclocked this card, it's always been run at it's default settings, but this card came from the...
  11. A

Okay, I'll keep messing with it and try to figure out whats going on. It doesn't seem to be a generic OpenGL problem, since I don't get this crash in other OpenGL games (just tested it out this morning, and was able to run a different OpenGL game for several hours with no problems; afterward, I...
  12. A

I'm getting regular crash-to-desktop in the current build, with a "TDR" message. I'm running Windows 7 x64, most recent graphics driver, on an Nvidia GTX 580. It seems to happen pretty randomly; doesn't matter what I'm doing, and isn't triggered by doing a specific thing; I've seen it happen...
  13. A

observations from demo: areas that could be improved.

Having now finished the three levels in the demo, I feel that I too should give feedback. After all, if I don't give feedback, what's the point of Alpha access? On the whole, I had a lot of fun; I think you guys have a really interesting engine, and there's real potential for a really great...
  14. A

Arena help post 0.5.1.1 patch

So, I'm not sure if this is actually something new that's happening, but I started noticing it post-0.5.5.1, and it's that blocking seems to be less consistent. Maybe it's just that enemies are being more clever or something, but I feel like its gotten a lot more common for certain weapons in...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.