Recent content by CalenLoki

1. CalenLoki

Wearing full chainmail under full plate armor. Realistic? Ineffective?

As already said, it's historically correct. But that aside, just look at mail statistics - it protects mostly against slashing and piercing, so types of damage that is almost completely nullified by plate. And it adds very little against crush and force - so the only thing that really matter...
  2. CalenLoki

Throwing ?

Few times I've killed enemies while they were mid-swing. Weapons fly really far and fast... Now I wonder - what happen when they fly really high? Is there invisible celling, walls are (invisibly) higher or will things fall into endless darkness? Anyone have seen?
  3. CalenLoki

Thoughts and Ideas General

Yup, taking drugs before combat seems as quite interesting mechanics. But I'm against complete immunity - it feels gamey as hell, and it should include red damage too - after all berserker often fought without armour. Instead I'd just increase (double? triple?) amount of damage (stamina or...
  4. CalenLoki

Idea on making combat even cooler

The point is - you can use all FIFA features with K+M, and you suggest that angled strikes are achievable only using such special mouse. I googled MMB, and it could work indeed. But for sure as one of options, and not the only one.
  5. CalenLoki

More control options

Matter of opinion - IMO it does. The question is, if you want to allow us prove it. And if you want game that require dozen hours just to get used to controls, not to mention other aspects of gameplay. 8 binary inputs - there are also diagonals. 45 degrees is precise enough, especially if you...
  6. CalenLoki

More control options

Little bump, as first post increased twice in length and content - just so you don't miss edits.
  7. CalenLoki

Slight Coordination Dyslexia

Well, I posted the same idea yesterday here: http://www.baremettle.com/forums/index.php?threads/more-control-options.3269/ So maybe we could stay to single thread.
  8. CalenLoki

Idea on making combat even cooler

I'm all for more attack angles, but requiring all the players to own specific mouse to be able to utilize them all is a no-go IMO. Not to mention that remembering all the mapping would be real pain. 3 buttons (and their combinations) should be enough for weapon at any point. Regarding manual...
  9. CalenLoki

Madoc lets us try out Stabbing!

Shift+space+w. Space would be also used for rapid long leaps in combat - currently handled by holding movement keys. Simple holding wasd would be for combat-walking (precise positioning - small steps) - something like current wasd-tapping, but conitnous. We know very little about taumaturgy -...
  10. CalenLoki

...MB4, MB5... I always liked clear division: mouse for hands, keyboard for legs.
  11. CalenLoki

RMB IMO, and shift for combat-running. That ofc if it can't be done with mouse gestures.
  12. CalenLoki

Different layer of armour

Actually, some dyes are much harder to make. Everyone can boil his shirt with oak bark, berries or leafs. But keeping male urine fermenting for several weeks, then mixing in some other ingredients to protect the colour from washing is not so simple any more. Also linen (the cheaper material)...
  13. CalenLoki

annyoing "drag and drop system"

I like the drag-n-drop. Although a bit more tedious, it's much more immerser - IRL you don't look at t-shirt and it jumps on you. Whole game is based around physics, and moving things, as opposed to teleporting them, fits that concept well. Also - maybe one day we'll get rid of inv window (so...
  14. CalenLoki

Suggestion about combat situations

I'll revive this a bit. Pushing could also work in the opposite direction - characters could push itself away from static obstacles if they happen to walk into them. If those obstacles happen to be non-static, they'll fly away instead of characters. It would add whole new level of using...
  15. CalenLoki

Different layer of armour

Don't forget that if dyes are too cheap here, fact that you have shiny red tabard don't set you higher than average peasant. Feeling filthy rich (here-in colours) is not about having a lot, but about having more than most other people. Thus IMO yes, all washed colours should be cheap and...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.