Recent content by Cpt Dave

1. C

Dual wielding

Alright. Then I want to dual wield katanas. I can already see how undefeatable and cool I will be!!!!4!4
  2. C

Dual wielding

So you're not going to watch his video because you just know he is wrong?
  3. C

Dual wielding

Ah. It's always easier to attack someone's credibility than his arguments.
  4. C

Dual wielding

Alright.
  5. C

Dual wielding

"16th century onwards" and "civilian situation" Gunpowder gets invented, muskets become widespread, heavy armor and shields become mostly obsolete, agility is now more important, and that's why rapiers become viable, and that's why you are using a dagger as an offhand instead of a shield which...
  6. C

Dual wielding

Yes. That's a rapier and a long dagger. It is historically accurate, if we're talking renaissance era. And mostly in civilian situations, dueling, not on the battlefield. And then we have to add muskets and cannons to the game as well. As far as I'm aware, Exanima is set in a medieval era, in...
  7. C

Dual wielding

Okay. It is by no means impossible to fight with two weapons, it's just harder to learn, less effective, and not really historically relevant. It's just very popular since it's overly romanticized in games and movies. If you want to handicap yourself, but also look cool while doing it, dual...
  8. C

Dual wielding

Let's say that it's equally easy to learn how to use a weapon with your left and your right hand. That doesn't mean it's just as easy to learn how to use two weapons at the same time. And I'm pretty sure that at the end of the day, you will still be more proficient with one hand than the other...
  9. C

Dual wielding

Right now, blocking is automatic, but only if you're not attacking. For dual wielding to be meaningful, the combat would have to be significantly reworked. You would have to be able to simultaneously parry/block and attack. Which would be nice, definitely harder to implement. The only...
  10. C

Dual wielding

Yes, you have the right. And I have the right to facts. Realistic combat and realistic settings are two different things. And it might be interesting, but it's also unpractical for the above mentioned reasons. I think the time is better spent implementing other features and even better spent...
  11. C

Dual wielding

Well I don't see the problem with jumping. You press and hold right click until you have accumulated enough speed, then you press a different button and jump 2-3 meters, maybe depending on your weight, in the direction you were running. No control mid air, no backflips or wall running or any...
  12. C

Dual wielding

The problem with dual wielding is that it's very unrealistic. It was never really used by any military. Mostly because a shield is superior in almost every way, and the other reason is that to effectively wield two weapons you need exponentially more training than a single sword, let alone a...
  13. C

Swing Quadrant Input Improvements - Current vs New

We don't really need an overhead quadrant, but I would really prefer if right and left was split down the middle, or at least a lot closer to the middle. It's annoying when you try to hit from the left and your cursor is clearly on your left, but you just didn't move it far enough. Most of the...
  14. C

Swing Quadrant Input Improvements - Current vs New

So that's why I've been having problems attacking from the left.
  15. C

Improvments on camera controls in Exanima

Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Exanima\Exanima.cfg CamFollow = 1 It works fairly well against a single opponent. But if you ever come across two opponents attacking you from different sides, you will get completely wrecked. What was before a straight line, now becomes much more complicated...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.