Coffee Diary 25/10/21

Zetheros

Developer
Hey Exanimates,

Madoc had some things to do this week so we did fall a bit behind compared to where we hoped to be this week, but still things are getting done. We fixed our issues with character ground collisions and pathfinding that we mentioned last week, we've made progress on some other QoL stuff, but the main thing we were hoping to improve was object movement and some tricky issues remain which would take some time to resolve.

One of the things that was left to do for tournaments was a system for resolving combats happening elsewhere or in the background. Tournaments have lots of fighters competing in multiple events with often multiple rounds and we need to know who won what, how much damage they took and so on. Eventually we'd like to make all arena fighters persistent characters so this functionality will be essential there too, and has other applications as the scope of the game grows in general.

We've completed the last procedural weapons for the main release, which should now cover every weapon in arena except flails which need a need some extra features in the system. We've also made some general improvements and fixes to the procedural weapon system and adjustments to individual weapons.

Hopefully we'll be able to wrap things up for the last beta release some time this week so we can get a final round of testing done, and after that there really isn't much left for the complete main branch release.

Have a great week!
-the BM team

I love these updates, could we get updates like this on the Steam page? That would be awesome
I think if we got them on the steam page as well that a lot less people would assume this game is dead. The average joe won't go looking for the game's official forum, they just check the steam page for the game and then assume the game's been abandoned from lack of updates for months.

Ransom

I think if we got them on the steam page as well that a lot less people would assume this game is dead. The average joe won't go looking for the game's official forum, they just check the steam page for the game and then assume the game's been abandoned from lack of updates for months.
Exactly. Before I found the forums, I had assumed Bare Mettle had taken the money and ran, which is not a good image. Plus, regular Steam updates would keep people spreading the word and making content (free advertising) about the game.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.