Search results

1. MNONE

Thaumaturgy

As I understand it, thaumaturgy is largely but not exclusively (given that the player will have access to it) the realm of the thaumaturgists. Can't remember exactly where it was laid out, but they were ostensibly the protectors of the world but have become lazy/corrupt and self-interested.
  2. MNONE

Non-Human Races

It's pretty hard to think of an intelligent species that's completely different to a human. Usually it has to revolve around variations of certain attributes - often but not always empathy - enlarged or removed. I think it might be partly because it would be hard to become a highly intelligent...
  3. MNONE

Creature Suggestions

I think that's going to be the idea: combat won't be just thrown at you, but when it happens the idea is for it to be challenging.
  4. MNONE

Thaumaturgy

@Mimel Yeah, it should feel like an achievement to get something really specific and powerful. Stopping someone's heart, for example, ought to be a massive accomplishment, requiring a lot of experience in Force, maybe filtered through/combined with Mind at some point, then working in conjunction...
  5. MNONE

Thaumaturgy

The concept is actually getting a lot more of my interest. Consider what you quote "With time you will learn more elaborate ways of shaping its outcome, refining its use and combining your individual insights into completely new effects." [emphasis added] and Maddoc's comment in this thread "...
  6. MNONE

Non-Human Races

Algea - did you ever read Stewart and Cohen's Wheelers? They deal with the idea of radically different species. A fair amount speculates on the relationship between physical form, metabolism and mind (and perception). The psyche, though, is roughly similar - pettyness, empathy, control...
  7. MNONE

Message in "Plot"?

That's excellent. It really seems like a natural extension of the idea that choices will have real consequences (it also weirdly echoes some of the stuff I'm currently working on). The last point especially - some games encourage you to be evil or a moral vaccum, but there are those people who...
  8. MNONE

Creature Suggestions

Kind of OT, and not meaning to start a discussion either, but I think the answer lies in the first line: 'Two Flathead Valley men who were retrieving an elk in the South Fork Flathead drainage say they ended up fending off a pack of aggressive wolves Saturday.' The wolves were after the elk, not...
  9. MNONE

A Few Questions

I'm fine with windows just poping in, but the smooth animation would be pretty cool. Being able to see the world alongside the inventory, and act at the same time (which seems to be how it works in the early examples we've seen thus far) is definately a good idea. Out in the field, you'd still...
  10. MNONE

Creature Suggestions

I kind of like the idea of some older interpretations of by-now-standard fantasy tropes making their way in. Perhaps goblins as they appear in a variety of folk mythologies, or indeed in Tolkein, at least where they were odd, twisted troglodytic creatures. It'd be cool to see some lesser known...
  11. MNONE

A Few Questions

Regarding that, will the inventory stay roughly similar to how it's been demonstrated thus far? I.e. smallish and offset from the centre of the screen? Otherwise it could be a little annoying to be equipping something only to be attacked by something you never saw coming. That's the only thing...
  12. MNONE

Colour and the World

Thanks for that Madoc and the team. It's good to hear how life can be leant to the world. I think colour and aesthetics can be used to create distinctions/juxtapositions (although with some sense of awareness - for example if you look at that picture RichardTito posted as a "how not to do it"...
  13. MNONE

Colour and the World

There are a few threads on the kickstarter campaign and on certain speculative discussions about gameplay, but I'd like to hear more about the character of the game world. So far we know that the world is... somehow run down. Civilisation seems to be a kind of "light in the darkness" type of...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.