Roryn

Insider
It sucks, because I definitely would have backed this game on kickstarter when I saw it. Unfortunately I only found out about it after the greenlight release and now I am doomed to pleb status for all eternity.
Ahh, well we're still early-access players. That's technically alpha/beta testing, right? We're not as pleb as those post-release players.

Huh... there's more update info on Madoc's Beam page:
Latest beta patch link: dl.baremettle.com/Exanima_U_0.6.4.1c.exe (requires 0.6.3.8)
Exanima 0.6.4.1 release notes:
- New shield skill: Endure
- New shield skill: Mobility
- Shields now have stats
- Changes to various shield mechanics
- NPC shield builds
- Shield wielding master combatants
- Adept tier ogre matches (weapons need updating)
- Many new items
- Numerous bug fixes
So there's still too far for the open beta update... but let stay positive 'bout what will we have after just few weeks... maybe... ;)

Hot Soup

Ahh, well we're still early-access players. That's technically alpha/beta testing, right? We're not as pleb as those post-release players.
There is literally a beta within this beta that was limited time access only.

True beta is reserved for the 1%!
I say we riot!
:^)

Seriously though, this is depressing.

gumshoe

It sucks, because I definitely would have backed this game on kickstarter when I saw it. Unfortunately I only found out about it after the greenlight release and now I am doomed to pleb status for all eternity.
Same here. Only bought this yesterday but know I'm hooked already, the torment of missing out will be long.

Oh and hi all :)

Hot Soup

Same here. Only bought this yesterday but know I'm hooked already, the torment of missing out will be long.

Oh and hi all :)
Yeah, I bought it 11 months ago. Being perpetually 3 updates behind (regardless of stability) doesn't feel too nice.

Roryn

Insider
There are some that keep saying "should be done by the end of the month", "should be ready any day now", etc.. I just keep coming home every day still expecting to see something... but knowing that I never really will.

Torxe

There are some that keep saying "should be done by the end of the month", "should be ready any day now", etc.. I just keep coming home every day still expecting to see something... but knowing that I never really will.
This is true for a lot of things tbh. Work, love and even taking out the trash

EDIT: I'm all for the riot, I don't have any pitchforks but I can bring some rope.

Torxe

Not a single developer likes a friday or weekend release that's all I have to say about this.

Hmmm...
That's on Madoc's Beam page
Public test patch for 0.6.3.7 -> 0.6.4.2:
dl.baremettle.com/Exanima_U_0.6.4.2.exe

UPD
Public test patch for 0.6.3.7 -> 0.6.4.3:
dl.baremettle.com/Exanima_U_0.6.4.3.exe
So place patch in game folder in steam, install...

Last edited:

Torxe

Releasing on friday, means that if things go wrong, they go wrong during the weekend. And you either have to work during the weekend to solve it or go from hero to zero in less then 2 days.

I'm a developer myself (only web applications though, nothing gaming related), I speak from experience.

Tony

Insider
Because if what you released has a bug, you can't fix it until Monday, or you'll have to go to work during the weekend to fix it. So, either customers will remain unsatisfied for the entire weekend, or you'll relinquish your rest. It isn't worth the risk.
Madoc works 7 days a week so it doesn't matter if it's a weekend or not. BTW, new patch is up on Steam for everyone and soon it'll be added to GoG and the BM account page as well :).

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.