A Public Video

Now now friends, I know we are all anxious to get some new information about this gem-in-the-making, but we don't want to bug the developers too much! I imagine something like this happens when the developers see this thread:

Madoc: "Public video? Public video?! The bloodlust of the masses is growing... Brendan, stop whatever you're working on in order to appease these fools!"
Brendan: "But, i'm working on camel physics right now..."
Madoc: "Damnit Brendan, I told you to save that for the animator"
Brendan: "Can't we just give them more pictures of arches and call it a day?"
Madoc: "No, no, we've already tried that once. We need to do something more drastic. Perhaps a sound effect demonstration will work?"
Brendan: "Should I upload the sound clips of Kieran in plate mail being hit with a mace? He still hasn't perfected his battle grunting, though"
Madoc: "No, no, the public can't find out that Kieran's still in the hospital from that incident. Just cut the camel physics and spend the day recording a video of two-handed combat"

And because of our greed, camel physics will no longer be in Sui Generis... Is that what we wanted? (Disclaimer: camel physics weren't in Sui Generis anyways)
The point is that the developers are busy with much more important things than appeasing our every need, although I can't deny that I am just as excited for this game as the rest of you.

Cooper Holt

Insider
Madoc: "No, no, we've already tried that once. We need to do something more drastic. Perhaps a sound effect demonstration will work?"
Brendan: "Should I upload the sound clips of Kieran in plate mail being hit with a mace? He still hasn't perfected his battle grunting, though"
Madoc: "No, no, the public can't find out that Kieran's still in the hospital from that incident. Just cut the camel physics and spend the day recording a video of two-handed combat"
XD
This is the first time I've ever laughed out loud on these forums.

Dorag

Now now friends, I know we are all anxious to get some new information about this gem-in-the-making, but we don't want to bug the developers too much! I imagine something like this happens when the developers see this thread:

Madoc: "Public video? Public video?! The bloodlust of the masses is growing... Brendan, stop whatever you're working on in order to appease these fools!"

And because of our greed, camel physics will no longer be in Sui Generis... Is that what we wanted? (Disclaimer: camel physics weren't in Sui Generis anyways)
The point is that the developers are busy with much more important things than appeasing our every need, although I can't deny that I am just as excited for this game as the rest of you.
Ahahahahaha you're a genius! you ought to make a sitcom out of this xD

I seriously want to see more of this, make a thread and trust me, It'll be a hit.

Cooper Holt

Insider
I would love a "Sui Generis Comedy Thread" in these forums. I could contribute if I was in a silly mood. :p
I hope to see it made!

Reactions: Tom

After having read this yesterday I find myself one day later craving these camel physics in the next Mount & Blade game....

Screw you for attributing to my wishful thinking.

Well, I continued the fictitious adventures of Madoc in another topic in the "off topic" section for those who are interested. I didn't intend to derail the topic, so all further discussion about those shenanigans can take place in the new topic. Hopefully the wait for future news of Sui Generis will be more interesting this way ;)

Dorag

I know they're actively working on the video buuuut... I'm sad to say I'm going coo coo, It's like drugs and I NEED them... Gah!..
I trust the video will come soon, though the wait, oh, lord, the wait just became harder as soon as they posted they're going to record it soon.
But It's comin'! and I'll be there!
Make sure you will too, :D
So thanks everyone for bringing up the issue of this video, I'm sure we've made difference at some point, but, the biggest thanks goes to you, Bare Mettle entertainment for giving us the possibility, of watching such a magnificent piece of art named Sui Generis (And soon to be played :)).

As always,
Good luck BM ;)

Ickorus

Insider
It's extremely unlikely this game will ever have mass appeal

Whilst it probably won't appeal to the mass market, I think the game could do very well among RPG fans, you need only look at the Demon's/Dark Souls to see where I'm coming from.

I personally think when Alpha arrives you guys should send some copies to some niche and general Youtube gaming channels* just to get the word out there to a wider audience because I know for a fact this is a game that has the potential to do really well, especially with such skilled and committed developers as yourselves.

* I'd recommend channels such as The Yogscast, TotalBiscuit and JesseCox to name a few general gaming channels and channels focusing on RPGs such as Dark Souls for the niche ones (VaatiVidya might be a good choice, he recommended Metro: Last Light a while back so there is precedence)

Empire²

Insider
I personally think when Alpha arrives you guys should send some copies to some niche and general Youtube gaming channels* just to get the word out there to a wider audience because I know for a fact this is a game that has the potential to do really well, especially with such skilled and committed developers as yourselves.

* I'd recommend channels such as The Yogscast, TotalBiscuit and JesseCox to name a few general gaming channels and channels focusing on RPGs such as Dark Souls for the niche ones (VaatiVidya might be a good choice, he recommended Metro: Last Light a while back so there is precedence)

I definitely agree with this. Especially people like TotalBiscuit and Jesse Cox, because they're MMORPG "veterans", so to speak. They'll definitely enjoy the game, and have some valid and genuine feedback from the perspective of someone who has played RPGs for years. I don't think SG would do good with the audience the Yogscast has, even though they started out doing WoW, but you never know.

Youtube has become a fantastic platform for indie developers to promote their games. Some channels have a cult following and will play every single game their favourite youtuber plays, while others can provide a refreshing view on the pros and cons of the game, which gives people a clear view of "If you're looking for X, this game is for you".

I myself, with my 10 subscribers, hope to extensively cover Sui Generis if possible, to promote the game as much as I possibly can. The concept and mechanics are revolutionary to say the least and I feel that with the right kind of audience to support your game, it can go to great heights.

Ickorus

Insider
I don't think SG would do good with the audience the Yogscast has, even though they started out doing WoW, but you never know.
I mostly suggest them because they have the largest subscriber count and a fairly good spread of interests due to the more generalized nature of their videos.

I wonder if Kripp will be interested. ;D
Blegh, ever since his hissyfit over being banned for exploiting in Guild Wars 2 I haven't been able to stand the guy, I used to be in contact with some Arenanet staff and they were incredibly lenient about the whole mess, only people who had used the exploit over 1000 times were banned.

Sorry about that, totally off-topic but it always bugs me that he tried to play the victim when he was well aware that what he was doing wasn't right.

Out of interest, what features are people hoping to see most in the upcoming public video. I personally want to see a demonstration of dynamic AI and some ranged combat.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.