About the parry mechanic:

Vanguarda

I have problems with Shields when they are big and the weapon my opponent has is also big, like the 1h sword. When In using a weapon with greater reach then the shield opponent, I have no problems, the fight ends quickly and I dont take hits, most of the time. Now, with no considerably reach advantage, I have big problems due attack + parry at the same time. Especially if I use overheads, the parry animation is good, throw my weapon to the side and leave me open for the attack that is happening at the same time. Wish 2h and polearms had something like this, or the parry to riposte process was as deadly as this.

Only solution I found was to spam backwards Dodge and overheads, while trying to land a lucky hit in the face of the shieldman while he attacks. Even with reach advantage, sometimes it gets boring imo, fight last too long with you going everywhere due footwork and spamming all kinds of highly funny angled attacks to see what goes in. Here I see a problem:

Sometimes you land a clean hit to the face of the shieldman, but he takes no damage due parry mechanics. With 2h weapons and polearms I understand and agree with it being forgiving due animations limitations and the weapon doesnt cover big area, but with shieldman its annoying as fuck. Its already hard to bypass goddamn big Shields, the parry animation they have might leave you Full open to eat a sword, and if you land a hit to their face, they might not take damage because the parry machanics.

Idk man I'm finding kinda hard to fight shields, but not in a good way you see, I feel like its bullshit when I land clean hits and they do no damage, only to be rekt by the shieldman's sword while he stumbles on me like a fucko lmao.

I propose either nerf parry invincible moment on Shields, and let us walk in the arena (practice and real) with secondarie weapons. Só then I could hit them in the face properly without Jesus saving them, and use a more suited secondarie weapon to give me some versatility that 2h that are not sword seems to lack.

Also, polearms still hás problematic parry imo. Imagine you have a voulge, and you are looking at your character's back. Your opponent throws a left to right horizontal cut at your direction. The voulge parry animation for this attack is the worse one imo, even after the update its not reliable or its very easy to bypass it with not-so-funny easy to do angles, I dont even understand what happens sometimes. Shieldman abuses this tbh, I feel like killing his whole family when it happens.

Syllabear3

Remove shields

How to watch this vid: disable right sound if you enjoy shields; disable left sounds if you want shields removed; if you like shields buy you also want to remove them just multitrack listen it (pros only).

ps: inb4 shield did nothing wrong.

Last edited:

Roryn

Insider
Slow weapon have problems against shields, aka maul (or 2h hammers). Their allways weakness is their feet or left to right slash to the head, overheads aswell. The trick is attack when they do. If you have a quick weapon, you can constantly harass them without being touched.
I find it way easier to attack shield bearers with slower weapons. They devastate their shields, and by the time you're done you'd only need a small hit to take them down.

Vanguarda

Remove shields

How to watch this vid: disable right sound if you enjoy shields; disable left sounds if you want shields removed; if you like shields buy you also want to remove them just multitrack listen it (pros only).

10/10

Pls remove shield

Syllabear3

I find it way easier to attack shield bearers with slower weapons. They devastate their shields, and by the time you're done you'd only need a small hit to take them down.
If we ever, ever, have the luck to get this into online (even if it is on local red or w/e)... you would be struggling like the final boss in expert that ive faced.

I wont mention that i didnt even try the whole time just spaming slash attack and i didnt even required to pick any piece armor and they barely touched me.

In my opinion shields just take away the fun from the game. Well if you want to have a nice laugh you will use it, like i did. But if you trully want to enjoy the game you wont use them.

10/10

Pls remove shield
You will need them when they add range ;p

Last edited:

Ghoulie11

Remove shields

This shows more of a limitation with the physics than with shields. The fact that the guy with the armor on wasn't pushing you to the floor with your wildly flailing shield arm is the real problem. A shield that large getting swung around like that is going to put the person completely off balance. Other than that, a few of those blocks would have damaged that shield pretty significantly in real life, would be nice to see shield damage in the game, or maybe when the shield stamina falls to zero the person looses their grip on the shield and drops it.

The trick to facing a shield fighter is to circle around them on their shield side and wait for an opening to either hit their shield side leg/back, or to counter their forehand attacks with a backhand.

As far as the parrying, of course getting out of the reach of the attack is the safest way to defend against it. Kind of hard to get hit when you're out of range. But what happens if you try to attack from there? You have to close the distance quick enough so your opponent can't step away from, or parry your attack. This is most effective with a long weapon against a shorter weapon. The second safest way to defend an attack is to get inside of it's reach. To effectively do this is to step into the shoulder on the side that the attack is coming from while keeping your weapon/shield between your body and their weapon. This is most effective with shorter weapons against larger weapons. Both techniques work with weapons of similar length, so using a mix is usually the best course of action.

Syllabear3

This shows more of a limitation with the physics than with shields. The fact that the guy with the armor on wasn't pushing you to the floor with your wildly flailing shield arm is the real problem. A shield that large getting swung around like that is going to put the person completely off balance. Other than that, a few of those blocks would have damaged that shield pretty significantly in real life, would be nice to see shield damage in the game, or maybe when the shield stamina falls to zero the person looses their grip on the shield and drops it.

The trick to facing a shield fighter is to circle around them on their shield side and wait for an opening to either hit their shield side leg/back, or to counter their forehand attacks with a backhand.

As far as the parrying, of course getting out of the reach of the attack is the safest way to defend against it. Kind of hard to get hit when you're out of range. But what happens if you try to attack from there? You have to close the distance quick enough so your opponent can't step away from, or parry your attack. This is most effective with a long weapon against a shorter weapon. The second safest way to defend an attack is to get inside of it's reach. To effectively do this is to step into the shoulder on the side that the attack is coming from while keeping your weapon/shield between your body and their weapon. This is most effective with shorter weapons against larger weapons. Both techniques work with weapons of similar length, so using a mix is usually the best course of action.
All my characters lift and are kitchen free bro. You already saw how she fliped that armor pussy.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.