About upcoming skill progression

Bobob

I want to say something about it: I think it would be annoying and bad if the skill system made us forget all we already know now - like having to learn how to feint, block or do a doublestrike.
I think that new skills should be improvements or new moves entirely. It is worrying to see the WIP menu in-game because it would suck to have to learn such basic moves. If this happens, what will the armor skills be? 'learn how to wear armor in layers' or 'learn how to wear plate' because I think that would make skills not fun.

Fefster

I agree with that these basic moves should stay.But Im not sure, which new moves should be added.
Because you can do almost every move with your creativity and physics based system.Maybe something like that you could swing stronger and faster with more precise.

NachoDawg

I think the character should start without these moves. Instead, we should get some initial skill points to distribute our selfs. (*edit: and ofcourse keep earning skillpoints through gameplay) It's not a given that your character even knows the basics of sword fighting, or how to shoot a bow.

Assuming he knows how to do all that because he / she is the main character is just a fantasy-trope, which the devs probably want to dispell

Last edited:

Murf

Yeah I think they stated that some of the skills we have now are already 'turned on' until the skill system gets introduced at which point we will have to earn the SP to get them back. Gives us more to play for, I am ok with that.

RobG

Insider
Agree with Murf here, lets face it the start of the game is not that tricky (once you are comfortable with movement) and I'm actually looking forward to my skills being downgraded so I can try out totally different approaches and the game will regain some of its challenge. Also there are some skills we have already that I don't think I will particularity miss too badly.

I really can't wait to test out the new skills. I'm curious of whether certain skills will have prerequisite skills as well. I wouldn't necessarily see that working in every instance but it's a common theme.

Bobob

Meh... I dislike it not because it is the main character and must therefore know how to fight.
I don't like how the skills are just going to be things we have now but taken away, rather than improvements.
But I guess we will see how it works out.

Madoc

Project Lead
The skills will go both ways, some represent nerfs from the current more evenly balanced combat mechanics and some improvements. They will be introduced gradually though and we're still evaluating different possibiities for some of the higher end skills. Consider also that any nerfs will apply to opponents as well as yourself and you'll be able to advance skills and gain an advantage over them. The greater diversity in opponents is also nice.

OddSpierce

The skills will go both ways, some represent nerfs from the current more evenly balanced combat mechanics and some improvements. They will be introduced gradually though and we're still evaluating different possibiities for some of the higher end skills. Consider also that any nerfs will apply to opponents as well as yourself and you'll be able to advance skills and gain an advantage over them. The greater diversity in opponents is also nice.
This... this is how skill progression and AI "scaling" should be.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.