Add jumping

bobchaos

This was in a rather old build (~2 years ago) but my objective was to hide inside a box and then sneak up on some undead whilst underneath:
*snip*
MetalGear: Exanima XD

I once tried to balance a box on my head to act as a helmet, but I couldn't keep it balanced while striking :(

konggary

Arbitrary 'hop 4 inches straight up' button? Eh

'Jump and twirl to eviscerate your opponent' button? Eh

'Lunge' or 'Throw weight in direction' or 'Tackle' button while sprinting or in combat? That's more like it.

A tackle actually has use for pursuing the pesky runners, and lunging or throwing your weight around can be useful for the big beefy characters; it gives an advantage to making a heavy character, which I think is one of the goals for the devs, if I remember correctly.

The other end of the spectrum, little mousy characters, could also use a lunge-type move, acting as a long-distance dodge that really has the potential to trip or put you off balance, but gives you lots of room to work with.

A lunge/tackle from standstill would be weak and wouldn't take you far, a proportional relationship to initial velocity and the potential utilization of the move.

bobchaos

Arbitrary 'hop 4 inches straight up' button? Eh

'Jump and twirl to eviscerate your opponent' button? Eh

'Lunge' or 'Throw weight in direction' or 'Tackle' button while sprinting or in combat? That's more like it.

A tackle actually has use for pursuing the pesky runners, and lunging or throwing your weight around can be useful for the big beefy characters; it gives an advantage to making a heavy character, which I think is one of the goals for the devs, if I remember correctly.

The other end of the spectrum, little mousy characters, could also use a lunge-type move, acting as a long-distance dodge that really has the potential to trip or put you off balance, but gives you lots of room to work with.

A lunge/tackle from standstill would be weak and wouldn't take you far, a proportional relationship to initial velocity and the potential utilization of the move.
You can already "lunge" or throw some weight around if you manipulate the controls just right, but a tackle would be a nice addition, leaving both characters prone.

It might be entertaining to add a way to ignore your own balance tho. A modifier key (like holding alt to stab) could be used to say "movements from now on are to be fast and ignore my balance: if I fall so be it". It would come in handy to retreat rapidly (constantly back pedaling instead of the little hops we currently do) and allow more powerful lunging attacks than what we currently do, but failure would leave you on your ass or flat on your face. Similar when moving sideways: when using the modifier key you'd throw yourself instead of just sidestepping, which might come in handy when arrows start flying in a few updates o_O

I'm not sure how much it would really add to the experience, but it might still be fun to try.

You can already "lunge" or throw some weight around if you manipulate the controls just right, but a tackle would be a nice addition, leaving both characters prone.

It might be entertaining to add a way to ignore your own balance tho. A modifier key (like holding alt to stab) could be used to say "movements from now on are to be fast and ignore my balance: if I fall so be it". It would come in handy to retreat rapidly (constantly back pedaling instead of the little hops we currently do) and allow more powerful lunging attacks than what we currently do, but failure would leave you on your ass or flat on your face. Similar when moving sideways: when using the modifier key you'd throw yourself instead of just sidestepping, which might come in handy when arrows start flying in a few updates o_O

I'm not sure how much it would really add to the experience, but it might still be fun to try.
That's a great idea, and if implemented properly could raise the skill ceiling by allowing you to pull off moves that were not possible before. Sort of acting as a "flight assist off" mode, as in flying sim games they usually have a default option that makes the plane easier to control and less likely to crash but also limits the range of maneuvers that you can pull off, especially the advanced ones. This game constantly tries to keep you balanced, so what if you had a sort of "balance assist off" mode.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.