Alpha and beta access

Parco

i've just donated 40£ and simply cant wait to try out the game, but at the Late Backer contributions page it stands: "Early alpha and beta access will be provided at dates TBC."

What does TBC mean?

Reactions: nox

nox

Insider
i've just donated 40£ and simply cant wait to try out the game, but at the Late Backer contributions page it stands: "Early alpha and beta access will be provided at dates TBC."

What does TBC mean?
Yeah I can't wait either. :D

I found a list of possible meanings of the acronym TBC: http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/TBC

Here are some of my favorites :p
  • The Breakfast Club
  • Tennessee Baptist Convention
  • Texas Bicycle Coalition
  • The Balloon Council
  • Toilet Bowl Cleaner
  • Teen Bible Challenge
  • Teddy Bear Cute
  • Taxonomy Boot Camp

Seriously though, I think it means To Be Confirmed.

Parco

thx, that actually makes alot of sense :p
hope they announce the release date soon, or just give us alpha testers access to the current files:p

Komuflage

Insider
Can't wait, BM just give me a flat 10x10m square of terrain, a torch, something to burn, and a single enemy and I got enough of a game to keep me entertained for the month to come :rolleyes:

Eidt: Or you can just let me download a .exe file with a program that says "Sit down and wait!!!" with a Sui generis icon, so I can put a short cut on my rocketdock, at least then, it'll look like I've the game.

nox

Insider
Can't wait, BM just give me a flat 10x10m square of terrain, a torch, something to burn, and a single enemy and I got enough of a game to keep me entertained for the month to come :rolleyes:.
That reminds me of what I used to do with demos when I was a kid (used to get demo discs with the PCGamer magazine, before internet.). Just play that same level over and over and over, waiting for the game to be released.
This feels like a game I could do the same thing with. :D

Komuflage

Insider
I think you'll have to wait a while till Alpha access, guys :p

As in a year or so maybe lol
A year is hopefully a bit exaggerated since the game is supposed to be released in 18 months, we probably get Beta in 12 months and alpha in 4-8, but ofc this is just speculations.

BM stated they wanted to release alpha when they got all the gameplay components together, but unpolished and with place holders. However, I think that should be Beta. Alpha imo should be made available as soon as they got some parts playable. (Although I don't think they dare to release it that soon, for security reasons)

That reminds me of what I used to do with demos when I was a kid (used to get demo discs with the PCGamer magazine, before internet.). Just play that same level over and over and over, waiting for the game to be released.
This feels like a game I could do the same thing with. :D
I remember doing that, although it's been a while since I did that (Mainly due to the fact demos hardly get released nowadays)

Think last game I did that with was mercenaries 2.

Parco

hehe, the last game i played a demo from was star wars yedi outcast 2, now im either playing league of legends or 1v1-5(bots) on overgrowth, also playing some dayz when my friends are on, but now as it is x-mas noone is on.

Can't wait, BM just give me a flat 10x10m square of terrain, a torch, something to burn, and a single enemy and I got enough of a game to keep me entertained for the month to come :rolleyes:
indeed:p

btw anyone know if theyr gonna make it possible to have coop and/or multiplayer? as split screen, lan or internet?

Last edited:

Komuflage

Insider
hehe, the last game i played a demo from was star wars yedi outcast 2, now im either playing league of legends or 1v1-5(bots) on overgrowth also playing sine dayz when my friends are on, but now as it is x-mas noone is on.

btw anyone know if theyr gonna make it possible to have coop and/or multiplayer? as split screen, lan or internet?
Don't think they talked about split screen, but that would be awesome (Though I prefer a shared screem, like Baldur's gate Dark alliance)
We will most likely get lan at release, but internet play may come in an update after release (But ofc you can play online using Tuungle/Hamachi in the meanwhile.

Parco

if they are gonna make an lan/internet play, they should add it in the alpha/beta for testing, but think how fun it would be if they made an arena for pvp or coop pve

No offense Komu but are you taking the piss? They're not even ready to start working on the game full time. Give them 6 months minimum & then ask. Asking now is just unreasonable.

Cooper Holt

Insider
hehe, the last game i played a demo from was star wars yedi outcast 2, now im either playing league of legends or 1v1-5(bots) on overgrowth also playing sine dayz when my friends are on, but now as it is x-mas noone is on.

You should look at the Grand List of Dev Quotes, it has everything anyone needs to know.
Also, Madoc said there would be LAN pretty early on, then (most likely) a Battle.net like server format, as well.

We're all excited about it but asking for ETAs at this stage is a waste of time. If they did give an ETA for alpha it would only get pushed back & then people would start grumbling. I guess nothing I say is gonna stop impatient people being impatient. I should really avoid threads like this lol

walltar

Insider
We're all excited about it but asking for ETAs at this stage is a waste of time. If they did give an ETA for alpha it would only get pushed back & then people would start grumbling. I guess nothing I say is gonna stop impatient people being impatient. I should really avoid threads like this lol
You will always have pople ask about ETA ... It is better to tell them that it will be anounced in future. There will be also people asking about ETA for ETA anouncement. You can't do nothing about it ... they just aren't patient enough.

Komuflage

Insider
You will always have pople ask about ETA ... It is better to tell them that it will be anounced in future. There will be also people asking about ETA for ETA anouncement. You can't do nothing about it ... they just aren't patient enough.
It's damn hard to be patient about this ^^

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.