An update coming soon (possible spoilers)?

I am finally good at combat! I managed to kill Sir without using the skeletons as a damage soak/distraction, (sword and board until I can dual wield) and took my journey to level 5 to practice fighting Golems, only to find that none of them are there.

It also seems that most of the chests, desks, cabinets, etc are empty, almost like none of the random level loot got placed in them. In fact, most of level 5 is a ghost town of bare rooms, empty containers, and about 10ish opponents (though I managed to kill off the zombies/skeletons that reside there, netting a cool mask).

I read on the Steam boards that we should see an update soon to address the golem bug, and that update should contain more features (thaumaturgy, possibly ranged combat, new skills, etc). More content would be nice too!

The original post stated "over the next few days", even though that is truly unrealistic <smile>.

So, when is the tentative date for the next update?

I love this game so far!

Jenn BRD

Soon

also, I see you put "Jenn BRD" at the end of most of your posts. You can set up a signature that just says that.

Tyon

Thaumaturgy already? I don't think so, but the next update is probably going to deliver on what the patch notes promised (More ogre tiers, more items, and ceilings)

Roryn

Insider
Thaumaturgy already? I don't think so, but the next update is probably going to deliver on what the patch notes promised (More ogre tiers, more items, and ceilings)
Maybe it'll be in its most basic form, I mean they keep showing displacement thaumaturgy during the beam streams.

Buggeroo

Insider
The ceiling is important to prevent the ogres throwing people out of the arena. The upcoming patch is for fixes, new items and the remaining Ogre arena tiers..as far as I know.

What exactly is planned for the next content update, I don't know. But I think we can expect some story content. At least I hope so :)
I don't know about Thaumaturgy, but ranged combat doesn't seem to be a priority right now, so it will most likely be a while before we see that.

bobchaos

The ceiling is important to prevent the ogres throwing people out of the arena. The upcoming patch is for fixes, new items and the remaining Ogre arena tiers..as far as I know.

What exactly is planned for the next content update, I don't know. But I think we can expect some story content. At least I hope so :)
I don't know about Thaumaturgy, but ranged combat doesn't seem to be a priority right now, so it will most likely be a while before we see that.
It looks like there's actually a lot of content ready, but it all depends on mechanics that aren't finished yet (like Thaumaturgy). It's likely that very soon we'll get some new mechanics in, and along with those a whole lot of new places to explore :D

Well, I plan on starting a fresh game next Content update. Aletys must become a ranger of epic proportions. She just started mucking around with dual wield. It's a little clunky, so it will take some getting used to, but soon there will be graceful arcsand the flash of steel weapons in the torchlight >=)

bobchaos

Now see, I don't thank that to fighting unarmoured is inherently more skilful than fighting with armour. There are manoeuvres that you can risk with armour that you wouldn't be wise to do without armour.

So fighting with armour, as opposed to without, isn't necessarily less skilful at all -- It's different.
Fighting naked helps you train footwork and dodging, but if you're looking for a real show of skills try fighting with armor but without the encumbrance reduction skills. Since the last patch encumbrance is a major hindrance to even the more basic combat moves. Incidentally, that's a great way of practicing too: you'll get beat all over the place for a while, eventually get a few wins in, but then you return to 0 encumbrance you'll find yourself pretty much untouchable.

Syllabear3

Now see, I don't thank that to fighting unarmoured is inherently more skilful than fighting with armour. There are manoeuvres that you can risk with armour that you wouldn't be wise to do without armour.

So fighting with armour, as opposed to without, isn't necessarily less skilful at all -- It's different.
Nope. If you know how to do it you wont risk nothing at all ;)
Even if you are touched unarmored, and you still attack/blocking, that hit will be softer.

Roryn

Insider
Nope. If you know how to do it you wont risk nothing at all ;)
Even if you are touched unarmored, and you still attack/blocking, that hit will be softer.
That's not what I meant.

For example, with armour you can take a hit to exploit a great opening in your opponent's defence. It takes a different kind of skill to fight with armour; you shouldn't fight the same way with and without armour.

Syllabear3

That's not what I meant.

For example, with armour you can take a hit to exploit a great opening in your opponent's defence. It takes a different kind of skill to fight with armour; you shouldn't fight the same way with and without armour.
Why would you even be hit? It is easier with armor because you dont care about the incoming blows. Thats what happen with exceptional gear, you are not scared of an exchange because you know you will give the harder blow and receive the softer. Naked takes actually skill.

Talking of that, i just did it...

I got thrust hit the previous match because of a mistake ive made.

This work really nice for two handed swords.

Fighting naked helps you train footwork and dodging, but if you're looking for a real show of skills try fighting with armor but without the encumbrance reduction skills. Since the last patch encumbrance is a major hindrance to even the more basic combat moves. Incidentally, that's a great way of practicing too: you'll get beat all over the place for a while, eventually get a few wins in, but then you return to 0 encumbrance you'll find yourself pretty much untouchable.
It just feels like using a maul, but faster. Wide arcs and steping back works wonders, because you wont block most of the incoming hits. The good thing is that you got armor and nothing happens.

Last edited:

Roryn

Insider
Why would you even be hit?
"To exploit a great opening in your opponent's defence". You're not the only skilled fighter in Exanima, Sylla. Ok I know you're not exactly saying that, but come on, you need to be credibly skilled to use your armour to your advantage in combat. You're not supposed to fight the same way with and without armour; at the most, fighting without armour would only let you train the aspects that would help you fight without armour. Most notably, as Mr. Chaos said, footwork and dodging.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.