An update coming soon (possible spoilers)?

Syllabear3

Indeed, really sad. Reminds me of the time I simply dropped out of a thread because of petty insults. Wait a second... Wasn't that you? Oh, yes, indeed it was. (For reference, you can check out the thread for weapon stances)

Sylla, stop embarrassing yourself. You can have our attention if you just ask nicely.
Be more specific. He is straight insulting me.

Syllabear3

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/not good?s=t

Note right under 'Not Good' ... 'as in bad.'

You still want to argue that?

You didn't answer my other question. Do you understand how your words come across or are you just bad at words?
You use a cheap online dictionary to teach me? "Not good" can be anything else: Average, normal, trying... Big etc. But you just pick the "bad", your way to see the world, not mine.

I think this "poke the bear" is backfiring badly... that happens when you try to pathetically argue on everything with no more reason than to "poke the bear".

Roryn

Insider
Talking about MP, how do you think thaumaturgy will affect arena balancing? Will only your main character be able to use it? Will it cost points?
I never actually thought about this; it's a good thing to point out seeing as how thaumaturgy isn't as simple as training skills, because according to devs it's about (something along the lines of) absorbing/learning a part of the transcendent spirit of others, esp. other thaumaturges (or is it thaumaturgists?).

I wouldn't be surprised if it simply wasn't allowed in arena mode. Would make sense really, who wants to jump in a combat arena with a cheating spellcaster?
So I'd say I agree with this. However, the devs say that arena is a great place for them to test new or in-progress implementations, so I say that it's probably be in the practice arena mode. Since everything is already unlocked in there, I think they'll probably let you be a fully-fledged thaumaturge as well, even if it's merely to test out all the different skills.

gumshoe

You use a cheap online dictionary to teach me? "Not good" can be anything else: Average, normal, trying... Big etc. But you just pick the "bad", your way to see the world, not mine.
No, it's the most common way people interpret it, hence it being the sub-heading and not just another acronym. Are you saying it's invalid for people to make that interpretation? That your world view is most correct?

Syllabear3

No, it's the most common way people interpret it, hence it being the sub-heading and not just another acronym. Are you saying it's invalid for people to make that interpretation? That your world view is most correct?
It is subjective. If i am a really bad player, and someone else tells me "you are not good", i will trigger and start acting with bad manner... or the most common, try to excuse it. But if i am an aceptable and average and someone tells me "you are not good", i will interpret it that i am not good enough to that player that problably has an higher level of gameplay.

Right now you are trying to interpret it the worst way posible to "poke the bear", and victimize other forums users for such end.

If you think that i am a troll, i am pretty honest. And when i am giving a good idea "poke the bear club" starts poking.
See how it ended all this just because i said "arena or didnt happen", thinking that he dominated all the combat and trying to push him to increase his gameplay by learning to fight without armor, as i did.
But you want to take it the worst way posible, go ahead, you are the ones acting like fools.

Last edited:
Actually, I do hope an arena mode includes spellcasters, so we can practice fighting those that use Thaumaturgy without risking our toons in the storymode games.

Jenn BRD

Oh, and for the record, my interpretation of "good at combat" was not "I dominate everything, Aletys am goddess".

Good at combat, to me is "I don't lose 90% of the time, when I choose to fight stuff". If I could dominate the arena, or anything like that, I would probably have said "Combat is easy" or "I am finally great!".

So, I was just happy to finally feel like I could purposefully stab things in the face, I can purposefully swing and connect with LtR, RtL, Overhead, Crouching, and Thrusting attacks. So, yes, "good at combat". Maybe I should have said "proficient". *shrug*

Jenn BRD

gumshoe

Oh, and for the record, my interpretation of "good at combat" was not "I dominate everything, Aletys am goddess".

Good at combat, to me is "I don't lose 90% of the time, when I choose to fight stuff". If I could dominate the arena, or anything like that, I would probably have said "Combat is easy" or "I am finally great!".

So, I was just happy to finally feel like I could purposefully stab things in the face, I can purposefully swing and connect with LtR, RtL, Overhead, Crouching, and Thrusting attacks. So, yes, "good at combat". Maybe I should have said "proficient". *shrug*

Jenn BRD
It was only one person that decided your comment was 'wrong' and made issue of it, but not really, or something *shrug* :)

I am also now familiar with the concept of 'challenging an opinion' == 'poking the bear.' Odd.

I also hope thaumaturgy makes it into the arenas, even as an option. I wouldn't have persisted through the story mode if not for being able to practice and learn the mechanics of combat in the arena!

bobchaos

It is subjective. If i am a really bad player, and someone else tells me "you are not good", i will trigger and start acting with bad manner... or the most common, try to excuse it. But if i am an aceptable and average and someone tells me "you are not good", i will interpret it that i am not good enough to that player that problably has an higher level of gameplay.

Right now you are trying to interpret it the worst way posible to "poke the bear", and victimize other forums users for such end.

If you think that i am a troll, i am pretty honest. And when i am giving a good idea "poke the bear club" starts poking.
See how it ended all this just because i said "arena or didnt happen", thinking that he dominated all the combat and trying to push him to increase his gameplay by learning to fight without armor, as i did.
But you want to take it the worst way posible, go ahead, you are the ones acting like fools.
OK, I've been sort of a dick to you at times and here's why: Look through the history of your posts and see how many of them lead directly into a confrontation with another forum user. We all got opinions, some more radical than other (I'm known in RL for maintaining some very strong and generally unpopular positions myself), but there's a proper way of voicing those opinions that won't get people pissed at you, which in turn leads directly to a session of "poking the bear". I don't generally look at people's names when reading forums, but your posts always stand out and I know you wrote them before I even look at your avatar due to your "aggressive" style of argumentation.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that we keep ganging up on you because you sort of invite that behavior by not using any tact in your answers. Check out likes I've given you, you'll note I've liked posts of yours when I thought they were well argued, or at least just a statement of opinion without the usual implication that yours is necessarily better than everyone else's. I swear I'm not writing all this to restart another "Sylla VS the forums" war (altho that's likely what's about to happen anyhow :/ ), I'm genuinely trying to help you get better at written communication so you can A: improve your chances of getting your point across and B: Do so without anyone hating you for it.

Last edited:

bobchaos

RE: Thaumaturgy, Roryn has a good point, the devs use the arena for testing new goodies so it's likely we'll see some magic in there but I hope it's in it's own category or something such. We don't know much yet about what we can do with it but we've already seen videos of teleportation magic and hints to spells that kill instantly (heart attack spells o_O), it might get a bit insane if just anyone in any category can open a match with crippling debuffs. If thaumaturges are kept to their own category (like ogre fights) at least you'll know the risk before stepping in the ring.

Syllabear3

OK, I've been sort of a dick to you at times and here's why: Look through the history of your posts and see how many of them lead directly into a confrontation with another forum user. We all got opinions, some more radical than other (I'm known in RL for maintaining some very strong and generally unpopular positions myself), but there's a proper way of voicing those opinions that won't get people pissed at you, which in turn leads directly to a session of "poking the bear". I don't generally look at people's names when reading forums, but your posts always stand out and I know you wrote them before I even look at your avatar due to your "aggressive" style of argumentation.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that we keep ganging up on you because you sort of invite that behavior by not using any tact in your answers. Check out likes I've given you, you'll note I've liked posts of yours when I thought they were well argued, or at least just a statement of opinion without the usual implication that yours is necessarily better than everyone else's. I swear I'm not writing all this to restart another "Sylla VS the forums" war (altho that's likely what's about to happen anyhow :/ ), I'm genuinely trying to help you get better at written communication so you can A: improve your chances of getting your point across and B: Do so without anyone hating you for it.
I dont really care how you act neither what you say, honestly. You can keep with the poke the bear as long as you want, you are the one looking bad.
What are you? a white knight?

Like i said, i will firm your pad any time. Have a nice day.

ps: you dont need to explain nothing, your actions are clear. But then, i wouldnt be the one called troll, even when i do an ocasional joke, that anyone can tell when it is and when it is not.
---------

I dont like magic, but maybe i can change my opinion in this game.

Last edited:

bobchaos

I dont really care how you act neither what you say, honestly. You can keep with the poke the bear as long as you want, you are the one looking bad.
What are you? a white knight?

Like i said, i will firm your pad any time. Have a nice day.

ps: you dont need to explain nothing, your actions are clear. But then, i wouldnt be the one called troll, even when i do an ocasional joke, that anyone can tell when it is and when it is not.
---------

I dont like magic, but maybe i can change my opinion in this game.
Hah, a great demonstration of tact from the master himself! I suppose I get points for effort, but now I just have to go back to poking the bear.

You should look up "theory of mind", you're failing at it if you think I'm the one looking bad XD Here's an article on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_mind I'd like to draw your attention to this passage: "If a person does not have a complete theory of mind it may be a sign of cognitive or developmental impairment." See, now I'm really worried about you :O

Also, what the hell is "firm your pad"? Is this the new cool thing to say in high school? It sounds like you intend to give me a boner o_O I should tell you, I'm into ladies, don't embarrass yourself any further.

Syllabear3

Hah, a great demonstration of tact from the master himself! I suppose I get points for effort, but now I just have to go back to poking the bear.

You should look up "theory of mind", you're failing at it if you think I'm the one looking bad XD Here's an article on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_mind I'd like to draw your attention to this passage: "If a person does not have a complete theory of mind it may be a sign of cognitive or developmental impairment." See, now I'm really worried about you :O

Also, what the hell is "firm your pad"? Is this the new cool thing to say in high school? It sounds like you intend to give me a boner o_O I should tell you, I'm into ladies, don't embarrass yourself any further.
Absolutly boring. Even hedgeoh does it better.
Stay away from me, you sir are disgusting.

bobchaos

Absolutly boring. Even hedgeoh does it better.
Stay away from me, you sir are disgusting.
I've used pretty much that same formulation on you in some other thread, adding "unoriginal" to your list of offenses. Also, when you see a red squiggly line under a word in most text editing windows, frames or programs, it means you've made a mistake and should correct it. If you're going to insult people, at least do so with correct spelling, not to mention punctuation :/ But keep trying, someday you'll be able to both be insulting and not sound like the village idiot at the same time I'm sure! You just need a bit more practice.

Alright, alright, I've polluted this thread enough now, I'ma let poor Sylla be.

Syllabear3

I've used pretty much that same formulation on you in some other thread, adding "unoriginal" to your list of offenses. Also, when you see a red squiggly line under a word in most text editing windows, frames or programs, it means you've made a mistake and should correct it. If you're going to insult people, at least do so with correct spelling, not to mention punctuation :/ But keep trying, someday you'll be able to both be insulting and not sound like the village idiot at the same time I'm sure! You just need a bit more practice.

Alright, alright, I've polluted this thread enough now, I'ma let poor Sylla be.
Opinions, opinions.
It seems that your ToM is really low... and thats why you need the approval/attention of someone superior. How does it feel that i turn my back to you?

bobchaos

Opinions, opinions.
It seems that your ToM is really low... and thats why you need the approval/attention of someone superior. How does it feel that i turn my back to you?
MUST - RESIST - POKING - BACK.... Oh, wait, it's really not that hard! So folks, the thread is called "update coming soon" and we did get an update! Just no major content yet. Based on the historical release cycle it looks like major updates are spaced 5 or 6 months apart, so thaumaturgy is probably still a few months off.

Scarecrow

Insider
Kind of longing for a big update myself tbh. Feels like months go by between each time I play this game now, and even then its just for very short durations that I actually do play. Need some more meat on this game I think. Would love to finally get my hands on the thaumathurgy for example, or see some more open ended gameplay instead of these fairly linear paths, or quests to be included soon etc... And while BM always release these updates in a very polished state, remember that we Alpha backers would be more than happy to take a look at these updates long before they are finished. Alpha testers exist for the sake of checking out and providing feedback on the early versions after all, right?

Now don't get me wrong, I very much believe in this game and the guys and gals over at Bare Mettle. I'm also quite used to these long pauses between updates by now. Just wish that at the very least the Alpha backers would be able to participate more with early versions of planned updates and such.

bobchaos

Kind of longing for a big update myself tbh. Feels like months go by between each time I play this game now, and even then its just for very short durations that I actually do play. Need some more meat on this game I think. Would love to finally get my hands on the thaumathurgy for example, or see some more open ended gameplay instead of these fairly linear paths, or quests to be included soon etc... And while BM always release these updates in a very polished state, remember that we Alpha backers would be more than happy to take a look at these updates long before they are finished. Alpha testers exist for the sake of checking out and providing feedback on the early versions after all, right?

Now don't get me wrong, I very much believe in this game and the guys and gals over at Bare Mettle. I'm also quite used to these long pauses between updates by now. Just wish that at the very least the Alpha backers would be able to participate more with early versions of planned updates and such.
Dunno if you play Project Zomboid but I like how they do their own release cycles: there's a beta branch that's updated sometimes a few times a week, but sometimes includes crippling bugs, and then there's the standard releases done when the beta branch is crashbug-free. I rarely get off of the beta branch, crash bugs or not it's neat to get to play with the new toys first, and it feels like your input matters more since you get to put your word in before any given feature is complete.

That said it's been hinted that there's A LOT of content ready but it's all contingent on some missing mechanics. When thaumaturgy ad dialogue mechanics are complete we're likely to get the 9 or so missing levels along with it.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.