Arena grind for Merchants problem

Hi there, been playing for 371.4 hrs now + approx. 50 hrs without steam, where almsot two thirds o' these are arena grind hours.

Problem: After playing grinding arena for so long, an idea came to me that i do it mostly because as most of us i can imagine i'd love my characters look smarty at any rank, to wear best and shiniest rags/plates o' them all, but to make my wet dream come true i get to roll Merchant Inventory for days, litteraly! Honestly, to get not only good quality item but a beautiful one i got to play more than 20 arena matches!

Possible solution: separate your only merchant slot into three: Clothier, Armourer and ofc Weaponry guy. Also, when hiring, they would all have a different tier, for expl: their upkeep fee is higher but in return, items they sell are in better state/made better. This would solve one major arena problem: to grind your precious piece of armor would no longer take you hours of rolling Merchants.

P.S. I've run into an another armour related problem after Beta launch: it is almost impossible to collect full Master Armour Set of certain colour in best quality! I'd love to have an opportunity to turn my armour Cyan or a. e., probably with the help of another NPC.

Be Safe

Ransom

That's a pretty good idea, and I think the multiple merchants would add some much-needed life to the arena overworld. However, that solution still relies heavily on the odds that a player will roll well on the loot table. My ideal merchant system would be to add a variable that tracks your consecutive wins, and your loot will reflect how good you play. For example, if you were to win several matches in a row, you would be more likely to see good quality items in the shop. That hypothetical tracker could also work in tandem with a system that counts how long it's been since your last good quality item purchase. I really do like the idea of tiered merchants that you brought up. Never would I have thought of that, but it just seems like a good idea to add to the longevity of the arena mode. The more you put in, the more you get back.

Last edited:
That's a pretty good idea, and I think the multiple merchants would add some much-needed life to the arena overworld. However, that solution still relies heavily on the odds that a player will roll well on the loot table. My ideal merchant system would be to add a variable that tracks your consecutive wins, and your loot will reflect how good you play. For example, if you were to win several matches in a row, you would be more likely to see good quality items in the shop. That hypothetical tracker could also work in tandem with a system that counts how long it's been since your last good quality item purchase. I really do like the idea of tiered merchants that you brought up. Never would I have thought of that, but it just seems like a good idea to add to the longevity of the arena mode. The more you put in, the more you get back.
I also thought about "Relation" mechanics with your merchants. For example you can tell one what part of armour you're missing right now and what colour you want it to be. Also merchants will have their own experience and skills, like at some point they will learn to get more colourfull pieces of armour or again will ask you if you want exact item in exact condition.

Ransom

I also thought about "Relation" mechanics with your merchants. For example you can tell one what part of armour you're missing right now and what colour you want it to be. Also merchants will have their own experience and skills, like at some point they will learn to get more colourfull pieces of armour or again will ask you if you want exact item in exact condition.
That would be really cool! It would really compliment the "persistent NPCs" thing, making the world seem more real. Not to mention that it would be practical as well. Requesting armor pieces sounds almost like Spike from Splatoon or something.

Ransom

ни чего не понимаю...
Он описывает, насколько труден процесс получения соответствующей добычи на арене. Мы обсуждаем решения проблемы.

ни чего не понимаю...
Я просто устал гриндить арену, а именно продавцов, чтобы купить то, что я хочу. Поэтому я предложил несколько идей для решения этой проблемы, в частности разделить торговцев по группам товаров и/или ввести систему уровней для них, которая будет определять, на сколько хорошие вещи будет каждый продавец предлагать.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.