Arena Sandbox Mode

I'm enjoying the new arena overhaul a lot and obviously it still needs a lot of work. The old arena is now called practice mode but what I'd like to propose would be a much better 'practice' mode.

When I say sandbox mode there are no open ended worlds where you mine dirt, but you can put all the controls in our lap and let us "have fun". Things to consider:

An arena / sandbox mode where we can equip ourselves with any weapon for free.

Choose however many skills you want to un/learn

All of the above applies to your enemies.

It would be awesome if we could select zombies and skeletons (and other npc types as they come - maybe even unlock with story progress to avoid spoilers and such) as enemies. Obviously choose their gear too

Select number of AI (let us 1v3 against enemies of our choosing etc)

Best of all would be choosing the map from a nice map pool of arenas / sections of campaign maps where fights commonly occur?

Give us the controls to make our own fights for practice and fun. Perhaps the main arena mode can have a more living world feel to it between fights and maybe even some explanation as to why you constantly fight people to death in basements for small change. It would be more like an 'arena story mode' and would tickle our immersionz while sandbox mode let's us grind whatever we want.

Is this already planned or considered?

Murf

Not sure too much more is going to be done with Arena. The focus is going to go back to the story mode now for a while, and then Thaumaturgy and then the MP aspect I think.

I don't see it being too much work to overhaul practice mode into a sandbox type mode. We already have all the mechanics and assets and even most of the UI necessary. Just give let us choose the variables of the match and our opponents rather than handing it to RNGesus

Of course there are other things that need work, even within the current arena mode. Also it's obviously difficult to work on all these things at once with only one programmer. Prioritising is obviously very important and while I'm not going to argue that a sandbox mode is a priority - it certainly would be very fun, useful, and provide a lot of playability between bigger updates like thauma or ranged combat

Just a thought though :)

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.