Artificer class

Stratohero

Would have skills that focus on constructing traps, making firebombs and concocting poisons.

It would complement both melee and ranged skills.

konggary

Traps and firebombs could be very interesting- I remember the devs saying something about fire and igniting enemies. Physics based traps already exist, but I'd imagine that many more could be invented. The problem I can see is how you would get the materials for it, and how to craft it.

For poison, I wouldn't guess that it would be RPG-esque blade covered in poison, but rather a vial of something that you could poison someone's food with, for an assassination. I'm talking about Sui Generis here, not Exanima.

One way or another, trap-making, crafting, and alchemy wouldn't be main skills. They would simply compliment your other skills. A much better source for this info would be http://www.baremettle.com/forums/index.php?threads/grand-list-of-dev-quotes-on-features.195/ Everything I said is simply speculation based on what I have heard so far.

burgzaza

Insider
imo traps could be fully physics driven, and therefore doable by any character.
I'm not sure there is craft planned either. Possibly in Sui Generis.

However when you have thaumaturgic powers, you don't really need poisons/bombs.

Last edited:

Greenbrog

Insider
Seriously, this so troll. You can see the 7 groups of skill BM is going to implement. They also have never brought up things like bombs. The game isn't a crafting game and they don't like consumables. So making something that competes or does the same as magic, despite having real life correlations doesn't make sense.

And buddy basically nobody gets banned. Either way Burgzaza said it, magic will fill the meta-game function you're suggesting, and do it with over complicating things.

Stratohero

Remember that awesome trap build from Titan Quest?
At first levels it was weak but later as it shot more bolts faster it became awesome.

It would be great if you can be a mechanical savant in this game and build mechanisms like that.

Elaxter

Insider
Seriously, this so troll. You can see the 7 groups of skill BM is going to implement. They also have never brought up things like bombs. The game isn't a crafting game and they don't like consumables. So making something that competes or does the same as magic, despite having real life correlations doesn't make sense.

And buddy basically nobody gets banned. Either way Burgzaza said it, magic will fill the meta-game function you're suggesting, and do it with over complicating things.

Instead of calling him a troll and being an overall douche, you could kindly explain that this isn't the type of games for bombs.

Traps sound interesting though.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.