Buying a monitor!

I'm buying/building a new computer in a couple of weeks and I'm going to buy a monitor too, obviously. I know NOTHING about monitors..

What kind of monitor would you recommend? What are the details that I should pay attention to and what brand is your favourite? I'm probably going to spend 250 euros at max. More like 150-200 I think

Parco

It need to be HUGE! at least 52 inch:p ive considered buying a projector then my whole wall will become a screen :D
But back to you, for just normal gaming and normal uses a 24 inch screen will go a long way, if you want bigger screen and got good enough graphic card to support it then a 27/29 inch also works, as to what brand to buy i recommend BenQ, ive used one myself for 3,5 years now (24 inch, 6ms) and havent had any problems with it.
its not rly much you need to pay attention to, as most screen are made quite good, ofc size and max resolution but if you are gonna use the screen for alot of high quality graphics then getting a screen with 1-2ms would be best, but then again for normal gaming/uses i seriously doubt you will notice the difference between 6ms and 1/2ms

The response does make a significant difference. I used to use an LCD tv but recently bought a monitor with a 1ms response time. I honestly don't know what the other response time was but I do know that my K/D ratio in CS:GO increased dramatically (still less than 1 though :().

Pilluminati

Insider
Read about different panels (TN, IPS, etc...).
Don't let the response times fool you, there are different ways to measure it (GTG).
Understand what a LED-backlit display actually is and don't go "ah... it's LED, so it's much better".

A little mini guide. I'd say panels are the most important part. If you can get a decent IPS display (or pretty much anything other than TN) then that's great.

Parco

thats a nice screen, and for that price and free shipping, not bad. and i see it got internal speakers, thats nice but i would recommend using external speakers anyway :p

Yeah I've got some ancient speakers my brother left behind when he moved out. Cheap skating like a champ :cool:

They're pretty good though, lol

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.