Can I get a "voulge throw" tutorial?

Don Kanaille

Insider
Hello,

Since I saw this video of the "voulge throw" technique, I was trying to recreate these effects, but with little success. It looks simple, but really isn´t for me. Not only does it look useful, but also quite fun to pull off, so I would love if somebody could elaborate how exactly you pull this off. :)

Also, is it only possible with the voulge, or are other weapons like the halberd or polehammer suitable as well?

The good thing is, while training this move I basically beat expert arena on accident: I was quite surprised when I was just practicing that one move and suddenly stood in front of the expert boss. However, mastering that maneuver is still on my wish list.

Thank you in advance!

Tony

Insider
@Don Kanaille:

In that video I was using sidesteps (A, D keys) and cursor movement to toss people around. If you watch the cursor closely you'll see I usually wind-up the swing quite a bit and then pull quickly in opposite direction (adding force from upper body rotation) while simultaneously sidestepping into the attack just before the blow lands.

This is possible with most weapons but the longer the reach the easier it is to execute (more leverage).

Don Kanaille

Insider
Mhn. I was pretty much already doing that. The basic principle sounds simple, but I tried it for over an hour and never got anyone off his or her feet^^

Guess I just need to practice more. Thanks for your response!

Tony

Insider
Mhn. I was pretty much already doing that. The basic principle sounds simple, but I tried it for over an hour and never got anyone off his or her feet^^

Guess I just need to practice more. Thanks for your response!
Are you using hold to dash or double tap? It will be much more difficult to perform if you can't lunge on demand. The instant lunges are what are allowing me to put my full body weight into the throws.

Don Kanaille

Insider
Hold to dash by now. I got a few hits which went in the right direction, bending my enemy´s torso quite drastically, but eventually slipping over him before he lost balance or was even thrown.

At least I´m quite good at overhead strikes while backing up, tend to get lots of brutal headshots especially against shield users. A few of these are brutal enough to throw a fighter down (or 1 hit kill), but the side-dash throws still escape me.

nrage

Supporter
Are you using hold to dash or double tap? It will be much more difficult to perform if you can't lunge on demand. The instant lunges are what are allowing me to put my full body weight into the throws.
Which method do you use Tony?

I assumed double-tap would give me more control so immediately started with this. However, then I saw a video where someone single-steps forward then immediately left to apply extra force on a swing. No matter how I tried I could not do this.. until I switched back to the "hold to dash" mode.

Most confusing.

Tony

Insider
Which method do you use Tony?

I assumed double-tap would give me more control so immediately started with this. However, then I saw a video where someone single-steps forward then immediately left to apply extra force on a swing. No matter how I tried I could not do this.. until I switched back to the "hold to dash" mode.

Most confusing.
I've used both but in order to throw my weight around I use "hold to dash". Double tapping requires way too long to execute when you're trying to throw your body weight around.

nrage

Supporter
I've used both but in order to throw my weight around I use "hold to dash". Double tapping requires way too long to execute when you're trying to throw your body weight around.
Interesting.. I assumed the "hold" mechanism would require you to hold for longer than a double tap would take to execute.

Tony

Insider
Interesting.. I assumed the "hold" mechanism would require you to hold for longer than a double tap would take to execute.
Double tapping a key takes almost twice as long to execute as the hold to dash method. You don't have to hold the key for very long before the lunge is triggered and it requires a lot less key spamming.

Ketobor

http://www.baremettle.com/forums/index.php?threads/in-game-technique.2160/

"
Polearm Knockdown

The technique for getting knockdowns is actually very simple. It is important to note here that your height and weight are significant advantages for the maneuver, as is hitting the opponent in the back.

Begin attack by clicking and holding on your opponent. Polearms have a relatively high prep-time before any appreciable swinging begins, about half a second. Begin stepping as you swing, and swing your mouse far around in an arch as you begin to swing. Rather than bringing your swing to a creshendo of velocity dealing the most damage, you want to begin stepping to the side just at the peak acceleration of the blow. The blow is effectively using the full weight of your weapon to drag the enemy down, and will be best targeted at about the same location/direction your cursor starting in."

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.