Can we have ignored/abandoned threads from insider forums thrown here for us plebs to finish?

zhuliks

Insider
There is a realism in games and there is too much realism in games. Why cant I play as a fat cat? The moment I try to play as one he makes few steps, falls sideways and just lies there for 16 hours.

Iscandar

This thread is basically one big "sorry out of luck."

Insiders deserve what they payed for in backing as it was promised to them, and giving privileges to everyone would be unfair. At the same time, this is creating another division wherein insiders get to play and get info on the early access of the early access of Exanima, which is itself the prelude of Sui Generis. There's so much divisiveness going on here that in afterthought an insider forum seems like a bad idea, especially for a niche game where development is done by ear, not by schedule.

ZaratanCho

Insider
Insider forum is actually a great idea. Having a smaller dedicated player base that will test releases so they are functional and not buggy and being able to more freely discuss ideas and such things about the game without worrying. There is not much 'divisiveness'.

The devs reply everywhere on the forums. Insider forum is really not active. Much more lively outside of it.

Iscandar

Insider forum is actually a great idea. Having a smaller dedicated player base that will test releases so they are functional and not buggy and being able to more freely discuss ideas and such things about the game without worrying. There is not much 'divisiveness'.

The devs reply everywhere on the forums. Insider forum is really not active. Much more lively outside of it.
You fail to understand that there are other people whom are just as dedicated and willing to test and give feedback, and possibly more qualified even. If you don't think that's divisive, you're being blind or selectively ignorant. I'd expect you'd have seen beyond the surface, multi-dimensional man.

ZaratanCho

Insider
Lol i know there are, obviously you are one of them and want access. Doesn't change the fact that the insider forum is a good idea.

Sorry its not up to me to decide who gets invited, pretty sure no invites have been given out after the crowd funding was taken down. And i didn't say its not divisive but i guess people like to see what they want to. Correction there have been invites sent out. ;d

But thank you for informing me of the obvious.

Last edited:

Iscandar

Lol i know there are, obviously you are one of them and want access. Doesn't change the fact that the insider forum is a good idea.

Sorry its not up to me to decide who gets invited, pretty sure no invites have been given out after the crowd funding was taken down. And i didn't say its not divisive but i guess people like to see what they want to.

But thank you for informing me of the obvious.
Your snide attitude is confirming the perception that insiders are a club, not for the betterment of the game.

Scarecrow

Insider
Your snide attitude is confirming the perception that insiders are a club, not for the betterment of the game.
Right. That's how it is.

The insider forum is a place where we (the insiders) can discuss ideas with the devs and give them direct feedback and bug reports, without having to worry about the views of the general public. It makes it a lot easier for the devs to post stuff without worrying about how it seems to the masses.

Like I already stated previously, please go ahead and post your feedback about the game. No one is stopping you, and it might very well be checked out by the devs and even responded to. The devs aren't looking exclusively at insider posts. Ok, you won't have access to every single build to give feedback on, but you can certainly give feedback on every major one that comes out on steam.

And Zara's post didn't have any "Snide attitude" in it, come on. Not any more than your previous one did at any rate.

ZaratanCho

Insider
I wasn't being sarcastic or snide at all. You are the one who decided to bring up the avatar that i have as if it had anything to do with the the point and misinterpreting what i said on purpose(as well as calling me blind and selectively ignorant). As i said the insider forum has been quite unactive ever since Exanima was publicly released and is mostly just used for testing new patches that come couple of days later for everyone in a polished state.

You can continue assuming what you want but again i wasn't sarcastic or trying to be a smartass unlike some. I would agree that the last line in my previous comment was unnecessary though. No point in continuing this if you just want to argue and throw words like snide and blind. ;d

You fail to understand that there are other people whom are just as dedicated and willing to test and give feedback, and possibly more qualified even. If you don't think that's divisive, you're being blind or selectively ignorant. I'd expect you'd have seen beyond the surface, multi-dimensional man.
The devs need plenty of feedback on the updates that get sent to everyone. The 'insider' updates seem to be mainly to ensure the game actually runs properly and nothing drastically bad happens. That would be bad for PR; you don't want to push out updates with major bugs in them. A few days after those early updates are posted, they're made available for everyone. It's at that point that the devs would benefit from feedback on the game content, regardless of whether people are insiders or not.

Holy.Death

Insider
I have to agree that some discussions on the insider forum could be brought to general one. Insider forum should mostly focus on discussing betas, etc. Kind of stuff that isn't yet released to the public. Otherwise we get double the discussion in both forums.

zhuliks

Insider
Insider forum is a great idea and a MUST for such small dev team, because if feedback is too much it becomes spam. How people were chosen for said small team of insider testers might not be completely fair, but still kickstarter backers were with the game for longest and they have better chance not to repeat same requests and questions that were asked developers several times already.

I am glad there is a hidden part of the forum where all the magic happens, makes me more exited for whats to come.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.