Can we have info about the develop progress?

JMelter

I'm still hype about this game but our hype could be better if we can see images about the progress. Maybe the people don't think the same but pictures on "Media", twitter or just little comments about the game would be amazing. (With game I mean Sui Generis and Exanima).
Remember that Exanima is like a technical demo about the real game and in my case I paid for Exanima because i want to be part of Sui Generis develop and the last video about sui generis was in 2013.

Better indie than AAA <3

Greenbrog

Insider
Exanima all had a long way to go but everything in exanima is still working on SG. And calling exanima a tech demo is just wrong, and kind of rude. Exanima is a full stand alone game. And you will have to buy SG when it comes out, buying exanima did not buy you SG.

BM has said they aren't actively promoting either game until nearing their releases. They are not trying build or manage hype, yet.

I was half awake when I read that on my phone; I didnt think to look at insider status. Jesus man, why you always gotta bust my balls? lol

Tony

Insider
He's not an insider. You can see that. And that would have been buying SG and getting Ex not the other way around as he described.
I didn't get the vibe that he thought he was getting both games. How I understood his post was that he wanted to indirectly support SG by buying Exanima, which makes sense since the crowdfunding is closed for SG.

NachoDawg

Point being: It would be neat with some information/public appearance now that it's been 2 weeks since the last update. Madoc admitted the studio aren't experts on communicating outwards, so I don't feel that guilty about helping reminding them

JMelter

I didn't get the vibe that he thought he was getting both games. How I understood his post was that he wanted to indirectly support SG by buying Exanima, which makes sense since the crowdfunding is closed for SG.
Exactly what i wanted to say :p i bought Exanima to make a "indirectly" support to SG. Thank you

Stratohero

Exanima all had a long way to go but everything in exanima is still working on SG. And calling exanima a tech demo is just wrong, and kind of rude. Exanima is a full stand alone game.
I agree, despite the melee-only combat, it is far better than, for example, Age of Decadence, and many others.

The physics and lighting are incredible, you can even get enemies to trip over stuff.

Elaxter

Insider
Exanima all had a long way to go but everything in exanima is still working on SG. And calling exanima a tech demo is just wrong, and kind of rude. Exanima is a full stand alone game. And you will have to buy SG when it comes out, buying exanima did not buy you SG.

BM has said they aren't actively promoting either game until nearing their releases. They are not trying build or manage hype, yet.

I would call Exanima a techdemo. Albeit a very expansive techdemo, but a techdemo nonetheless. Its purpose is to show off the technology involved in their main project, Sui Generis, while at the same time pacifying people frothing at the mouth to play the game. There's nothing rude about assuming a developer would put their product through formal tests.

All your posts sound incredibly douchey.

Greenbrog

Insider
Was Warcraft a techdemo for Starcraft? Same company, different games, same engine... Calling Exanima a techdemo is really belittling how much it accomplishes. And until Exanima gets released AND then SG is released, SG is a dream. The original release of Exanima to early release? Maybe that was a techdemo. But it certainly isn't now, and it's got 1000% more game/complexity to add.

Maybe the defensiveness stems from the chanting "progress report" that the forums is already winding up (steam, and here). So sure I'll apologize. I'm sorry I come off harsh. It gets frustrating when people are like, "why this..." When the developers have answered many of the questions, using the search engine looking for developer posts will answer questions like this thread, without needing the demanding thread.

Truly, I'm sorry if I'm coming off harsh.

All Im saying is, if Sui G has the same love, care, and attention to detail that Exanima has, we are going to be in for a real treat. The only question is, will I still be in my 20's by then? ;D

Definitely not a tech demo. A tech demo would have an arena which is about to be overhauled, and also wouldnt have four big ass levels to get lost (and rekt) in.

blobface

Insider
I'm a huge fan of this development and have been with them since 2012, I get excited every time we get a new version / when Maddoc posts an update, I'm probably not the only one but I often go on his profile to read his "Latest posts" just so I don't miss any info he's posted.

However, without knowing what the official definition of tech demo is, Examina is for me closer to a demo than to a game, a really good one that I've spent more hours playing than other "full games" I wish I never paid for, but still closer to a demo nonetheless. Exanima vs Sui Generis is a bit more like the Ground Zero vs Phantom Pain (Metal Gear Solid V) relationship imo, so I look forward to the full game a lot!

Dorag

Personally I waited since 2012 when I found out about SG and made this forum account, so I don't mind waiting more, the problems arise when promises are made and not followed, and so far, the latest update came out 10th of November, and the latest ETA that's been given states as soon as possible (ASAP) so you can be sure it will come as soon as Madoc and the team are done, it doesn't state a specific date, but they have said, regarding the latest update, that Its been far too late to be released (It took them 4 full months I believe), so you can certainly infer from this that it won't take 4 months anymore.
So far, It's been less than a month, so it would be safe to assume somewhere around 2 months, January, which is very incredible rate of progress compared to the sheer size of updates they put out with the amount of content they have, the arena update is going to be amazing I'm sure, Madoc and the team are simply perfectionists, they try to limit that so the updates are released on time, but you're getting fairly big chunks of updates which are usually very complete and bug free due to how closely the team works with the insiders, I believe BM is doing a better job at communicating and staying transparent now than they have in the past, and personally I am thoroughly impressed and my "Thirst" for any kinds of update is non-existent, I can safely rely on the team to give periodical teasers and updates now and then, I suggest checking the Exanima steam forum discussions and viewing posts from BareMettle (The steam account), also, checking "What's new" on the forums is a fairly safe bet to get new information every now and then, though the steam forums are better as most of the public is there and never even finds this forum, and the forums are more of our own personal discussion hub.

In case you've missed it - https://steamcommunity.com/app/362490/discussions/0/492379159717217907/
They've posted an update 1st of Dec, 4 days ago, not much is going to change in 4 days, so this *should* satisfy anybody who's hype cannot be contained anymore, hopefully, it did yours. :)

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.