Coffee Diary 10/8/20

Zetheros

Developer
Hey Exanimates,

Finally everything for the new procedural weapons is in place and working correctly. The WIP system that highlighted some quality issues with our approach to rendering has now been fully replaced with the new systems we've developed. We did run into an old quality issue that was much more noticeable now that everything looks so crisp, but with a bit of clever maths and some changes to our tools we got everything looking flawless. This isn't the only quality improvement we made this week, and things really do look amazing now.

So now that it's all working we're back to mass producing new weapons. This week we focused on warhammers and maces, and we already have thousands of possible variations of each, and a lot of the work we're doing translates directly into other weapon types, such as various polearms and axes. We are focusing on very realistic designs for overworld / arena content. The workflow is very fast, but the weapons look highly detailed and as if they were each carefully hand crafted.

We're still expanding and perfecting our library of procedural materials. By the end of this week we should have covered the important ones, and we should be able to show you what the new weapons will finally look like.

We do have a small teaser of some work we've been doing with the procedural systems for characters. This is about improving our dead body decomposition and damage system, primarily to enhance the look of the undead. There are some important general improvements, and we can remove sections of flesh to reveal bones, organs and other yucky stuff.

1597056144346.png

Have a great week!
-the BM team

Puffdoye

Hi devs, i was wondering if there's still a way to '' back '' your project? i already purchased Exanima some time ago but is there some kind of crowdfunding still going? Either way, keep up the good work. The video game industry need you, it need passionate devs that tries orignal concept and doesn't care much about the financial aspect. Kudos to y'aLL

HopeDIV

Insider
Hi devs, i was wondering if there's still a way to '' back '' your project? i already purchased Exanima some time ago but is there some kind of crowdfunding still going? Either way, keep up the good work. The video game industry need you, it need passionate devs that tries orignal concept and doesn't care much about the financial aspect. Kudos to y'aLL
Unfortunately all the crowdfunding ended awhile ago, the only way to support the development is buying extra copies of Exanima. If you buy here, BareMettle receives near the full amount while purchases on Steam or GoG take roughly 30%. (A Steam key is included with purchases from this site)

Despite many people asking questions along such lines, the team seems to be content with funding through product sales. Maybe it will change in the future, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.