Coffee Diary 19/7/21

Zetheros

Developer
Hey Exanimates,

We're still working on an another intermediate beta branch update, but it's almost ready. The focus here is on the new item and loadout management systems, which gets a bit complicated and has had a few more refinements made. We need all the features to be complete to switch over to the new system and convert existing saves (without items being lost or duplicated!)

The new arsenal serves as a full item collection view even for items that are in use or have been placed somewhere else. Items in the arsenal are highlighted and/or faded when used in loadouts or worn and placed in the environment based on context. This means you don't have to manually remove items from one character to assign them to another, and you can place items in the environment or wear them, but still have access to them for match loadouts.

We've also been looking at reports of poor performance for some hardware configurations and game environments, which we believe we can solve with a new high performance global illumination mode, it would sacrifice some detail for a lot better performance on lower end systems.

There's a few other features and improvements and a bunch of new procedural weapons in this next update which should be any day now. There's a few other things with which we've made a good progress, so we're quite likely to drop another small update or two on the heels of this one.

Oh yeah, here's a procedural greatsword:

Have a great week!
-the BM team

Slinkadink

Huh, are the highlights of each recruits' armor going to be color coded? Like orange for Greg, blue for Cindy, etc? Loving the greatsword designs, and the High performance mode would be a godsend. Cheers

Kyrul

hi sorry if this has been already asked (I'm new in this community) but does anyone know if or when sui genesis will release?

Ganthor

hi sorry if this has been already asked (I'm new in this community) but does anyone know if or when sui genesis will release?
In about two weeks. /sarcasm

For real tho it's a dev team of 4, it's done at whatever pace they're able to get it done in. Any estimates today would be total shots in the dark because so much can change between now and the release of the full game. There are probably a ton of features they don't currently plan on adding/changing/fixing that they will end up doing before releasing Sui Generis. Basically I'd say to forget about Sui Generis entirely and let it be a happy surprise when a release date is announced because it's not gonna be any time soon. Just enjoy exanima and the beta updates for now, at least for me it's plenty to keep me happy

Kyrul

In about two weeks. /sarcasm

For real tho it's a dev team of 4, it's done at whatever pace they're able to get it done in. Any estimates today would be total shots in the dark because so much can change between now and the release of the full game. There are probably a ton of features they don't currently plan on adding/changing/fixing that they will end up doing before releasing Sui Generis. Basically I'd say to forget about Sui Generis entirely and let it be a happy surprise when a release date is announced because it's not gonna be any time soon. Just enjoy exanima and the beta updates for now, at least for me it's plenty to keep me happy
thanks a lot man gonna enjoy exanima as best as i can :D

I've tried looking back to find out what the procedural weapon system is, but I've only been able to find references to it. What are and how do procedural weapons work?

Ganthor

I've tried looking back to find out what the procedural weapon system is, but I've only been able to find references to it. What are and how do procedural weapons work?
the TL;DR is there are a bunch of individual assets a weapon can use, so like 50 or however many different grips for swords and 50 different pommels and cross guards and blades, and also a bunch of modifiers like condition and initial quality, so that the swords and other weapons you find in game can be different lengths and weights and stats. Just supposed to make the game feel more dynamic and less like a step by step "I run here, I grab this weapon because it's objectively the best one, then I go here..", which is kind of the way the game works now. Once you know where the long knife next to the spawn is, you'll never not know it's there and it's pretty much always worth getting depending on your play style. It forces you to explore a little more and consider not just a weapon's current stats, but what they could be if you repaired it which you can do with the black spheres in game.

Nicolas

Hola, que tal. Soy nuevo y pregunto solo para saber. Existe alguna Beta del juego Sui Generis para probarlo?, ya tengo Exanima y es genial, no me imagino lo que debe ser Sui Generis

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.