Coffee Diary 20/4/20

Zetheros

Developer
Hey Exanimates,

We've made good progress on procedural item (weapon) "factories". We now have a tool that allows us to define the specifications of a particular object, what its components are, how they fit together, how they modify its properties etc.

We've also figured out a great solution for multiple grips and a more detailed model for the mechanics of the various parts of a weapon. With the procedural system we can easily include more information about how weapons should behave on impacts and more.

The new material and shading system is mostly complete. We're seeing how we can use it to make many common materials better and more detailed with no overhead. This was done now as a prerequisite for procedural weapons. The next step is to create an updated procedural material generator for weapons, and then we can start properly producing many new weapons.

As part of the shading update, local reflections were significantly improved, they are more accurate now which allows us to use them on a lot more surfaces and achieve a more realistic and consistent look.

Madoc spent some time trying to reduce some driver overhead that is bottlenecking performance in many cases. Unfortunately it turns out not much can be done without some pretty drastic changes, so we're leaving it for now.

Have a great week!
-the BM team

Plateau

Hey there,

I just started playing Exanima a few days ago, just wanted to drop by here and tell you how much I love your game. It’s been a very very long time since I’ve been at work thinking about going home and playing a video game. I’m hooked.

Love these diary posts! Can’t wait to read more!

Thanks for working on such a great game. Have a good one!

-KP

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.