Coffee Diary 4/11/19

Zetheros

Developer
Hey Exanimates,

Here are the notes on today's dev meeting:

-Madoc has been struggling a bit with some pathfinding & obstacle issues, brought on by some new features and related QoL improvements. He's hopeful he has a good solution now.

-We went over some of the final assets and lighting work being done on the new areas.

-Discussed detailed mechanics for dynamic music changes.

Bit of a short meeting today, though I brought up some of the questions you guys wrote in this thread to Madoc.

In regards to having a hotkey for torch dropping; we're worried it'd be too easy to ruin a run of the game by accidentally kicking the dropped torch during combat and having it fall into a hole, or other inaccessible location.

I'll try to bring up more questions you guys post in the comments here during our weekly dev meetings.

Have a great week!
-Zeth

Grytzen

Nice! Sounds like the next update is ever closer.

Any word on "contextual commands" for your companions? e.g., Tell them to stay behind you, switch weapons, or take a certain combat stance or style. It would be nice to tell Derrin to equip his spear, stay behind you and go for stabbing attacks.

Madoc

Project Lead
Any word on "contextual commands" for your companions? e.g., Tell them to stay behind you, switch weapons, or take a certain combat stance or style. It would be nice to tell Derrin to equip his spear, stay behind you and go for stabbing attacks.
There will definitely be some in combat dialogue options, but we're not sure just how detailed they will be yet as we need to work with a limited number of them.

Grytzen

There will definitely be some in combat dialogue options, but we're not sure just how detailed they will be yet as we need to work with a limited number of them.
Thank you for your reply and yeah, completely understandable! Thanks for the reply and looking forward for seeing such systems ingame. I feel I need to add that my latter example of Derrin with Spear was an example more considered a "dream mechanic". I assume that such complex systems wouldn´t just be difficult to implement but also be overwhelming or end up underutilized by the player.

Cheers!

Happy to hear that “contextual commands” for companions are being considered. I would love the option to have a companion stay behind and support you with ranged combat whenever it becomes available. Love the game so far, and looking forward to more progress!

Hengun

Insider
So good to see these posts on the forum as well! I don't generally keep up with Steam discussions, so this is great for me. Keep up the amazing work!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.