Competitive PvP Multiplayer

I already know PvP Multiplayer will be in the game.

I just wanted to emphasize the absolute amazing potential this game has to be truly ground breaking when this does get added. This game is already ground breaking, and what specifically makes it ground breaking is not the world, or the art, or the story or anything else. It's the combat system.

This is hands down THE BEST combat system i have ever seen in a video game. period.

And it blows my mind even more that one person essentially made this game, and he learned coding to specifically make this game. You...are an inspiration.

Low latency competitive multiplayer, in my view, would trump all work made so far.

Gozer

Don't expect anything like Warband or Chivalry.

We could be lucky to get four players on a LAN party.

But if we could get even one extra player co-op or pvp it be amazing.

Saetheer

Insider
I already know PvP Multiplayer will be in the game.
Don't believe PvP have been mentioned? Combat is based on intensive and real physics with speed, momentum, weight etc. If all these calculations and animations are to be stream over internet, with many people, lag is doomed to happen. I do believe LAN is the only said feature of Multiplayer. Don't expect them to even try to implement online gameplay any time soon.

Tony

Insider
Don't believe PvP have been mentioned? Combat is based on intensive and real physics with speed, momentum, weight etc. If all these calculations and animations are to be stream over internet, with many people, lag is doomed to happen. I do believe LAN is the only said feature of Multiplayer. Don't expect them to even try to implement online gameplay any time soon.
There will be online MP but it'll be limited to low latency only; this includes PvP and co-op modes. How low of a ping will be necessary for online play isn't known until they do further testing.

Saetheer

Insider
There will be online MP but it'll be limited to low latency only; this includes PvP and co-op modes. How low of a ping will be necessary for online play isn't known until they do further testing.
Thanks for the clarification.

Thank you very much for the clarification Tony. It lets me know that you guys very well understand the value of the gem of a game you hold. That effort is being made to show the true potential such a system has.

I simply cannot wait for a future where everyone has fiber optic internet, and full fledged MMO's featuring complex combat systems such this become possible. Where skill is fully in the hands of the player rather than in some number floating above their characters head.

I realized the developer Madoc had exactly the right mind set, when i read this "This game features a very deep, truly physics based combat system. This is not just some animation feature, it is a fundamental difference that is central to gameplay. Real momentum, forces and collisions are always at play here, every nuance of your inputs is crucial to the outcome. This will likely be unlike anything you've played before and may take some practice, but can be hugely rewarding and the skill cap is virtually infinite. It is not particularly fast paced or difficult but it does require you to pay attention, it is very tactical and just casually pressing buttons won't get you very far!"

The statement that really stuck out to me was "the skill cap is virtually infinite".

Last edited:

CharliePow

I've clocked 100+ hours in the game and only recently started expanding my moveset. My personal favourite that I've discovered is backstepping(holding shift)+overhead+move the mouse to the left of the character so he dodges backwards, raises his sword above his head and coils up like a spring, and then point the mouse towards the opponent and quickly release waaay more momentum than a normal overhead cut directed at either the neck or the opponents right thigh, bypassing their shield. Working on a few combos as well.

I imagine Multiplayer would be like Chivalry: Medieval Warfare where the entire community goes through entire phases by learning from opponents. (reverse-overheads in Chivalry, for example)

So keen for the future of this game!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.