[Cross]bows

Hi, all, I just got the new update and it's honestly the only game I can stay hyped for for over 6 months. Enjoying it every bit.

Anyways, I was wondering a bit about bows or crossbows and I'm assuming they will most definitely add them, so I wanted to know how do any of you think it'll work? The ranged combat system, reloading, able to push back, perhaps utilize the "butt" of a crossbow if anyone got too close.. Maybe even being able to 'thaumaturgize' arrows or projectiles to have extra effect.

You can't forget the idea of throwable items as well, such as axes, knives, spears, and maybe even a bolas. Another thing is if you wanted to aim at specific body part, such as the foot, leg, or head, how would you, considering the current isometric view? Just a few questions that I wanted to see all the theories that might pop up. I dunno if this was actually mentioned in a previous thread, so sorry if it was!

Stekkmen

I imagine the same way to aim stabs. Just mouse the cursor over their body part and let the arrows/throwing weapon/thamuaturgic blast fly.

Viking34

Wondering how a player without a shield will avoid enemies with bows and crossbows. The current animations and combat stances don't seem to leave much room for ducking and weaving...

Qazlal

Wondering how a player without a shield will avoid enemies with bows and crossbows. The current animations and combat stances don't seem to leave much room for ducking and weaving...
Early gameplay videos revealed magic which allow your body disappear for a few seconds.
I think that developers will make something like fast strafe if you will type a movement key two times.

Viking34

it's pretty hard to dodge arrows in real life
Yes, bows and crossbows are pretty damn powerful. The church even tried to ban them because they were so grossly unfair. Didn't work, just put the law-abiding at a massive disadvantage.

In a game, however, I doubt the developers want (cross)bows to be the be-all-end-all of combat, especially when the melee system is really well made. I suppose they'll just make them take a long time to reload and never kill a healthy person in a single shot, or at least not kill them immediately.

Syllabear3

it's pretty hard to dodge arrows in real life
Can you keep your low knowledge of fighting off from the forums please?
(if it doesnt work here, just check 3:03 and 5:20 aswell)

This comment as most of the things you say are pure nonsense and lack of knowledge.

ps: and for Devs too... if you plan to add bows as a mastery, consider what this dude does. You can go pure bow and clean the map.
Thats why ive been thinking that adding range to this game would be a bad idea... i didn't want to say nothing because kids go ape.

Last edited:

burgzaza

Insider
There are always ways to not make ranged weapons overpowered. I see two ways :
-Allow Npcs to be able to be aware if you aim at them ( if they see you ), and either make them try to dodge ( no idea how tho ), or make them rush you in an erratic way. Really hard to code I imagine.
-Limit the ammount of arrows you can find, and make them break if you hit a rock wall for example ?

I can't wait for ranged weapons.
I wouldn't mind to be able to "let go" a weapon either. Well timed it could be so great, and doable with any move ! Could allow to trigger objects from at a little distance, without a ranged weapon nor thaumaturgy ( no idea if that isplanned though ).

gumshoe

Can you keep your low knowledge of fighting off from the forums please?
(if it doesnt work here, just check 3:03 and 5:20 aswell)

This comment as most of the things you say are pure nonsense and lack of knowledge.

ps: and for Devs too... if you plan to add bows as a mastery, consider what this dude does. You can go pure bow and clean the map.
Thats why ive been thinking that adding range to this game would be a bad idea... i didn't want to say nothing because kids go ape.
Err you realise that guy is doing trick shooting?

It's great and all, but...

Syllabear3

Err you realise that guy is doing trick shooting?

It's great and all, but...

If you are going to quote me with a vid, be sure it at least has 90% of likes.
The amount of nonsense in this crap astounds me.

Yourself can use your own eyes to spot if it is fake or not.
"I cant do that, he is clearly cheating". Try even harder kiddo, stop wasting your time.

This is fake, too?

Why people dont understand that when you master something and go beyond everyone else, you can do amazing stuff? They practice for YEARS.

ps: i hope school starts really quick because the amount of kiddos around everywhere is pissing me off.

Last edited:

bobchaos

Great vid gumshoe, easily sourced unlike Lars Anderson's.

I'd like ranged weapons to be of the shorter ranged variety, personally. I think bows and crossbows would harm gameplay by introducing the old Diablo-style "stand there, aim cursor and click", which would suck :/ Make it throwing axes/knives tho, and it's still a nice melee party, with a new twist! Make him dodge an axe while your other hand goes for the kill with a mace :D

Syllabear3

Nah. D2 gameplay was the best. Is the father of every rpg out there. Even stand there, click and attack is used here. And so will be the ranged weapons.

I now want to create a character called Lars Andersen, and rekt every enemy with 1 single arrow to the head/eye. I would probably kill 3 enemies in 0.6''. That would be fantastic.

Sorry bobochaos, but there is already a ranged tab skill and what i said is going to happen ;)

ps: man, can you imagine how good archers duels can be? You actually can grab arrows aimed to you and re-send them back. You will actually need to click them middle air to catch them and then fire them back. Man im getting hyped.

Last edited:

Stekkmen

Nah. D2 gameplay was the best. Is the father of every rpg out there. Even stand there, click and attack is used here. And so will be the ranged weapons.

I now want to create a character called Lars Andersen, and rekt every enemy with 1 single arrow to the head/eye. I would probably kill 3 enemies in 0.6''. That would be fantastic.

Sorry bobochaos, but there is already a ranged tab skill and what i said is going to happen ;)

ps: man, can you imagine how good archers duels can be? You actually can grab arrows aimed to you and re-send them back. You will actually need to click them middle air to catch them and then fire them back. Man im getting hyped.
I didn't realize that every single archer in medieval times was Lars Andersen. It's not like you're playing as some random guy who fell into a hole or anything.

Seriously, how backwards can one be to assume that every single person who ever lived is capable of dodging arrows?

Yeah, it's notorious in medieval times, wasn't it. Didn't you know that, according to Syllabear, archers were never used because everyone would just dodge their arrows? Easy. No problem. It's so easy to dodge an object coming at you at 225 feet per second. NO FUCKING PROBLEM!

Syllabear3

Why are you asuming that every single person that ever lived had that kind of reflex? Are you ape or what?
Because not every single person has good reflex, my character in exanima shouldnt block any incoming attack, be sword or whatever? You sincerely are a nonsensical kid.

And in a battle, is not a single arrow coming directly to you, if not a rain of arrows from above... heck. Seriously your arguing is pathetic, stop it already.

gumshoe

If you are going to quote me with a vid, be sure it at least has 90% of likes.
The amount of nonsense in this crap astounds me.

Yourself can use your own eyes to spot if it is fake or not.
"I cant do that, he is clearly cheating". Try even harder kiddo, stop wasting your time.

This is fake, too?

Why people dont understand that when you master something and go beyond everyone else, you can do amazing stuff? They practice for YEARS.

ps: i hope school starts really quick because the amount of kiddos around everywhere is pissing me off.
So you didn't understand the reply video at all then huh?

There was no denial of his skill or reflexes, just his logic and historical claims, that he uses 'low powered' bows (did you not see the mythbusters bit debunking catching an arrow (shot at proper power), with...you know...science?

I feel you're not here to have genuine discussion anyway, so I've placed you on ignore.

Last edited:

Stekkmen

Why are you asuming that every single person that ever lived had that kind of reflex? Are you ape or what?
Because not every single person has good reflex, my character in exanima shouldnt block any incoming attack, be sword or whatever? You sincerely are a nonsensical kid.

And in a battle, is not a single arrow coming directly to you, if not a rain of arrows from above... heck. Seriously your arguing is pathetic, stop it already.
"Are you ape or what?"

Quote of the year.

Syllabear3

So you didn't understand the reply video at all then huh?

There was no denial of his skill or reflexes, just his logic and historical claims, that he uses 'low powered' bows (did you not see the mythbusters bit debunking catching an arrow (shot at proper power), with...you know...science?

I feel you're not here to have genuine discussion anyway, so I've placed you on ignore.
If you will lay on cience, which cant explain a HECK of a lot of things, then you are going the wrong way.
Cience= everything is imposible.

And those low powered bows can penetrate chain mails and gambesons. Welp.
I do have an airsoft revolver. Is not lethal, but it can penetrate a hard 5cm wide soap at 5m. "NOT lethal"... it can penetrate an eye ball with ease and go 15cm inside your soft brain. Everyone can purchase it, heh.

Its all matter of perspective...

I am glad that you decided to block me, so i dont have to answer you anymore.

"Are you ape or what?"

Quote of the year.
I see you liked that answer, are you ape or what?

Elaxter

Insider
Snippity snip
Stop. You've embarrassed yourself in the past and you are embarrassing yourself now. What Lars Anderson does is trickshooting. The techniques he uses are not compatible with warfare. It's like saying a trickshooter who uses a shotgun or a pistol would be useful on a modern battlefield. If that were true, you would definitely see more of it.

I think you're out of your element. You've turned complete fanboy over this Lars guy. It's unhealthy.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.