Customization

S

Sean

How will be customize objects in the game world? I remember there being something about a textile simulator, but would we be able with dyes and maybe a menu to customize our regular clothing an armor? Maybe draw symbols on our shields or go around in very particular clothing? It would be neat if theses symbols and clothing were associated with your character, you'd be noticed because of the distinctive symbols or design. That would be pretty amazing for roleplaying because that means you could always hide yourself and walk into town if you are a criminal or outlaw because guards and townfolk don't recognize you.

Komuflage

Insider
Sounds like a really cool idea. It would be awesome if you could design your own symbols. Especially for Online play (If there will be any) A random person could join your game world, and have a specific symbol on his shield, and you would know he belongs to a guild of elitist who're awesome at the game, or a symbol of a criminal guild, and those player wearing that symbol are know through the forums to be nasty bandits who seek out naabcakes through the public gamelist, just to call in their guild and plunder the poor noob who doesn't know any better.
In which he will come to the forum and create a whine thread about being killed and loosing all his stuff. Ah that would be spectacular.

Maybe we could just get a simple menu, and some basic shapes, that we could then rotate, enlarge, color etc to create awesome emblems.
Something like Forza 4?

I think being able to create your own coat of arms, clothing, etc. would be nice, but I'd like to put in a word on behalf of people who want customization but aren't particularly artistically inclined.

To allow a level of customization for people who can't create their own material, I think a gallery of presets or something to the same effect would be nice. In the case of coat of arms, this could be done like Mount & Blade: Warband did it. It was simple, effective, and only immersion breaking for a couple of seconds. With thought, even this small downside could be circumvented.

Cooper Holt

Insider
I'd be fine with just dyes and maybe a few symbols, but nothing less.
I simply cannot play a game without customization.

Heitor Souza

Insider
Ahhh yesss, customization. If anything, you guys should look into Dragon's Dogma character customization options, which are very extensive and affect gameplay, much like SG intends to do.

Meaghan Ballard

Supporter
I think it would be a fun to be able to tattoo your character as well, as another way to make them more identifiable to NPC's. As long as covering them up is possible so as to avoid recognition when you don't want it.

Parco

would be nice of you could draw the tattoos yourself, and/or make-up.
Ahhh yesss, customization. If anything, you guys should look into Dragon's Dogma character customization options, which are very extensive and affect gameplay, much like SG intends to do.
try to be a little girl and pay her as a mage, then putt the staff on your back and see it float XD its a rly bad model bug. and then make a giant ogre-like follower and carry him on your small shoulders as it was nothing and toss him far away, i wouldnt say the customization in that game is that affecting on the game, the only thing that would affect the gameplay as far as i found out is what class you choose to be.

Heitor Souza

Insider
would be nice of you could draw the tattoos yourself, and/or make-up.

try to be a little girl and pay her as a mage, then putt the staff on your back and see it float XD its a rly bad model bug. and then make a giant ogre-like follower and carry him on your small shoulders as it was nothing and toss him far away, i wouldnt say the customization in that game is that affecting on the game, the only thing that would affect the gameplay as far as i found out is what class you choose to be.
It actually affects attack range, damage collision, max stamina and stamina regeneration, you can go to secret paths if you're small enough, maximum encumberment and some windy paths affects you differently if you're too heavy or too small to get pushed back. So yeah, it affects a lot actually, but in a subtle way.

Cooper Holt

Insider
I think that you should be able to change eye colour in the game, as well.
I understand that you will very rarely be able to see your character's eyes, but even so, it's not hard to do and I think it would be worth implementing (Late in the development process, of course :p)
I want a character with green eyes. I love customization.
Input?

calithlin

Insider
I think that you should be able to change eye colour in the game, as well.
I understand that you will very rarely be able to see your character's eyes, but even so, it's not hard to do and I think it would be worth implementing (Late in the development process, of course :p)
I want a character with green eyes. I love customization.
Input?
I'm for this. Maybe under an 'advanced' customization setting.

Meaghan Ballard

Supporter
Considering how open the world is, I hope there is a similar level for character customization. It's hard to consider a character 'mine' when every one of that class looks exactly the same.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.