Death/knockout blows in arena

winterline

A few small changes I'd like to see/hear. When the person is knocked out or killed, they shouldn't grunt the way they do while they are taking damage during the fight. There should be a few distinct variations:

- knockout blows to the head should be close to silent or cause them to moan or twitch on the ground
- death should be silent or a gurgle depending on the weapon
- a finishing body blow to any part should have them screaming in pain due to broken/fractured bone, internal damage or torn muscle, they should drop their weapon and clutch the body part, even cream "my leg my leg!"
- they should drop and scream "I yield!"/"enough"/"please stop" etc.

Also, since it's an arena, there should be a gong or some audio indication that the fight is over, for the most part it's obvious, however occasionally it looks like I've simply knocked them down and I rush in to hit them on the ground. There is a small delay of them dropping their weapon, which is realistic, but if it was combined with a different vocal sound it would be better.

winterline

I figured that someone or multiple people have made a similar suggestion, I only hoped that I might be able to add one extra idea, I like your ideas. Another point would be that body blows while boxing or blunt weapons cause them to run away and get in a fetal position the way you see in MMA.

Snoopbear

I'm glad to see others support the idea. I wont claim it as my own. I just wanna see it in the game.
So the more people who come up with this idea the better! :D

gugand

That is a nice idea. I think that can be nicer if there are other partecipants in arena that we can meet again (maybe hire) or not if we spare their lifes or not.

winterline

That is a nice idea. I think that can be nicer if there are other partecipants in arena that we can meet again (maybe hire) or not if we spare their lifes or not.
That's a great idea for the arena, teams could send out challenges to your team, they could even be death match categories.

I would hope that in Sui Generis there is an arena, and within it are teams/factions, they would jump ship to your team, your team mates might abandon you for them, maybe even meet them out in a dungeon also wanting what you are after, resulting in a 'bad blood' fight.

Snoopbear

Maybe reputation in the arena. Say you finish off a lot of enemies when they beg to live.
You'll be known as a fearsome adversary. and they will take less chances and finish you off if given the chance.

But if you spare a lot of enemies: Well. Maybe you could get free "hirelings"?

Pokakaa

I just thought of Skyrim when you beat a bandit down and they yell "I YIELD I YIELD," run away, then come back when they recover a bit of health, and get slaughtered.

Pc Genie

I just thought of Skyrim when you beat a bandit down and they yell "I YIELD I YIELD," run away, then come back when they recover a bit of health, and get slaughtered.
Some ne'er-do-wells never learn, do they?

Anyway, I think short of a spoken language, I think perhaps a death should be an interrupted sound and a basic defeat should be a basic scream, so the it would be:
- Knockout = "YAAARGH!"
- Death = "YAAAR-"

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.