Enemy Speculation thread

yamakia

I'm well aware of the game being in a low fantasy setting, but I was wondering how the devs would expand on the variety of enemies, perhaps soldiers in vehicles such as chariots? other creatures like Sir from the underworld? perhaps a large undead amalgamation of corpses? or creatures that crawl up from the bottom of the ocean. I would like to see what other people think would fit well into a low fantasy setting as we may even provide Bare Mettle with some possible new enemy ideas for the full release of Suis Generis.

I'm well aware of the game being in a low fantasy setting, but I was wondering how the devs would expand on the variety of enemies, perhaps soldiers in vehicles such as chariots? other creatures like Sir from the underworld? perhaps a large undead amalgamation of corpses? or creatures that crawl up from the bottom of the ocean. I would like to see what other people think would fit well into a low fantasy setting as we may even provide Bare Mettle with some possible new enemy ideas for the full release of Suis Generis.
Common wildlife is sure to be found, as for more mythical/fantasy creatures/beasts I'm not to sure about.

konggary

For vehicles, horses are confirmed as far as I know... wagons and such seems to be easy to implement
Goblins and gremlins would be good except they're short and therefor out of reach
Maybe a Giant, along the lines of a 10+ foot tall person with odd proportions

Mostly I am looking forward to less brute force creatures. Giants and trolls are easy to make up. I want to see an agile enemy or a powerful thaumaturge. I don't know how large they plan on making the SG battles (we're talking about kingdoms at war here), but real battle tactics would be delightful even in small brigades.

MindSliver

well thus far we've seen 2 forms of un-dead, 1 demon and more humans than you can shake a severed femur at. If we're looking at a low fantasy world that's going to capitalize on the ingenious combat system I've got to assume that most of our enemies will be different types of humans or un-dead humans. But we've also seen those big trolly guys with the morning stars so really anything is fair game haha. I would love to see some things that really require preparation to take down. So when I think enemies I'm thinking wyrms, I'm thinking elder gods, vampires. WHEN lord will we see the dreaded Owl-Bear in a game?! XD

yamakia

wouldn't it be cool to fight a powerful thaumaturge that can use teleportation magic against you to prevent you from getting away or outright teleport you off a wall like

I personally think some kind of large river monster similar in design to a crocodile would be very cool to fight, having it explode out of the water or climb up onto a bridge you are walking across

EDIT: the time i linked for the youtube video did not set, it was 10 mins in

Tyon

Ghouls are confirmed, not sure if they're going to be in Exanima, but their design seems to fit very well in a dungeon setting.

It'd be cool to see humanoid creatures that are smaller and weaker than humans, but they're much more well versed in thaumaturgy and have a more organized society. My first guess would be goblins, but that seems a little generic and overused for a fantasy setting.

I read somewhere on these or the steam forums that there will be wolf packs in Sui Generis too. I would also like if there were bears in the game, they're my personal favorite animal and I think they would be very fun and challenging to fight, I'd imagine it would be like fighting a smaller version of Sir.

I personally can't wait until ranged combat is added, I hope in later levels of the story there will be skeletons/more intelligent undead/possibly even humans armed with bows.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.