Everyone around here is so nice :D

Iv become somewhat of a fan of this game for quite a while, and a rather skeptic person once you get down to it. Iv notised that games over the years have been more and more about money, and it allways will in the big market, Baremettle got this game as their job and i wish i had the money support them back when it was kickstarted.
But a thing i notised with Baremettle is that they have created a forum with such a nice community, both from the developers and the public sides.

Zervostyrd

Insider
Iv become somewhat of a fan of this game for quite a while, and a rather skeptic person once you get down to it. Iv notised that games over the years have been more and more about money, and it allways will in the big market
Agreed, money never takes note to ethics and morality. And currently most of the biggest publishers are "cautious" and never seem to care about pushing the limits (they can say what they want, but they usually only, if anything, push graphics further).

Indie studios are one of the few sources of light in the gaming industry today!

Anyway, as this is still faar away in the shadows, there's few people and even fewer "butthurts".. I've seen this before though. As soon as this game start attracting a bigger audience, things are likley to hit the town fast (+ currently nobody have hands on info yet either, so there can't be any "Whine threads", they will come...)

BM should consider Imposing martial law and enforce it with cold feelingless "Stasi agents" starting to think about how the Forums will be moderated already :) (better safe than sorry, no?)

Scarecrow

Insider
It's a shame really. I enjoy this forum a lot, because people here are generally friendly and can discuss in a sensible and calm manner. Just generally good folks around here. Also, we have much more direct communication with the developers, and i feel we can actually discuss and talk with them quite closely. When forums like these gets flooded with people, I think it will be a lot harder to directly communicate with devs, and a lot of negativity will be sure to come around. It's good that more people will get to support this awesome game-in-making, but still... Such a shame.

Parco

true alot will change after the game is released, all kinds of people will join the forum and probably it will turn into something similar to other game forums out there. but there is one thing ive been wondering about, what will happen to the insider forum after the release? will it be open for anyone to read/write or just read or will it still be locked for insiders only?
having forums with limited access (read only for example) could solve some of the problems when the forum gets overpopulated

Last edited:

Komuflage

Insider
true alot will change after the game is released, all kinds of people will join the forum and probably it will turn into something similar to other game forums out there. but there is one thing ive been wondering about, what will happen to the insider forum after the release? will it be open for anyone to read/write or just read or will it still be lock for insiders only?
having forums with limited access (read only for example) could solve some of the problems when the forum gets overpopulated
I was thinking about this as well, having a "backers only" part of the forum.
However I'm guessing it will create a lot of shit storms later on, hence I think it's a bad idea.

Madoc

Project Lead
The insider forum is staying. After we stop accepting contributions the only way to get in will probably be by invitation. Basically it will remain as a forum for people who backed the project.

lvk

Insider
It's like a nuclear fallout shelter!

I can't imagine why people would be as negative as everyone expects if Bare Mettle managed to make the game they wanted to make, though.

ZaratanCho

Insider
Is it not obvious ? :mad:

Doesn't matter though, haha. As i suggested and Madoc confirmed the insider forum will remain, i will probably not be active at all but still, good to have.

Fresh

Insider
I think it will be a nice change to the forums after the game is released. Can't wait for people to start talking about where the most awesome weapons are located and sharing their stories on combat and the game in general. And the fact that the Insider part of the forum will still be there will make it the best of both worlds.

Ickorus

Insider
The insider forum is staying. After we stop accepting contributions the only way to get in will probably be by invitation. Basically it will remain as a forum for people who backed the project.
If I'm reading this right, will this mean all contributors get access?

I'd like to see that, it really feels like a community on this forum and it would be nice to keep that somewhat intact.

Maybe we should get an animal astronaut sub-forum. :)

Empire²

Insider
I think the forum activity will only decrease if there's nothing we can offer. I have a feeling that there'll be tons and tons of reasons for people to refer to the forums.

Maybe someone got beat up by ogres a couple of times and come here to look for a guide on beating enemies like those. Or maybe they're looking for a specific item to have, sell or use in a quest, and can go to the forums asking for help or searching through what's already there. Maybe they think the game is too easy and want to partake in various forum-wide challenges, like "Kill 3 ogres in 10 minutes" or "Clear out a bandit camp without any armour". Perhaps they come here looking for mods to spice up the game, implying modding is a big part of the game and community.

As long as we provide/are provided with discussion topics, polls on game changes, fixes or tweaks, and kept up to date about updates, I think there'll be more than enough people on the forums! Mods, fan art, your favourite gameplay moments or achievements and maybe stuff like competitions or community-fueled weekly recap videos of the crazy situations everyone gets in to!

BigT2themax

Insider
You know, we could easily stop people turning from calm, conversational debaters into a whole mass of loud people who just insult one another in lieu of just debating or conversing.

Just keep an eye out for people who are getting really aggressive, insulting people or otherwise being a little bit of an ass and call them out on it, WITHOUT resorting to aggressiveness or insult ourselves. If everyone does it, then the vitriol that generally crops up should be kept to a fair minimum.

I really have to emphasise the "don't be aggressive or insult them back" part. I know it's tempting to shout at someone who's being an asshole (and point out the fact that they're an asshole whilst doing so), that would likely just make things worse. It would probably be much better to just say "hey, calm down, man, you're being a bit of a jerk right now, and there's no need for aggressiveness or insults. We're just talking here.", or something to that effect.

Zervostyrd

Insider
@Empire²: Challenges? Nice Idea there!

Anyway hopefully people (in addition to what you said) also remain vigilant bug hunters in general. Otherwise the "Off Topic" subforum is always neat...

You know, we could easily stop people turning from calm, conversational debaters into a whole mass of loud people who just insult one another in lieu of just debating or conversing.

Just keep an eye out for people who are getting really aggressive, insulting people or otherwise being a little bit of an ass and call them out on it, WITHOUT resorting to aggressiveness or insult ourselves. If everyone does it, then the vitriol that generally crops up should be kept to a fair minimum.
Wise words. If anything coming across as calm, and backing up your claims usually defuse the other guy. If not, at least you've set an example for others to heed.
People on the internetz today are so used getting mouthed back, so when they get a half way to intelligent response, "trolls" tend to fry their circuts or something

Also people should know about Godwins Law... Refer to it when applicable!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.