Exanima 0.4.1 Released and Greenlight Progress

Madoc

Project Lead
Exanima made it into the top 50 items on Steam Greenlight in under 24 hours and now after less than 2 days we're close to the top 10! A huge thank you goes out to all our supporters!

We've also just released update 0.4.1 for the Exanima beta (not to be confused with version 0.4.0.1).

Note that, unlike previous patches, your current progress will be lost after it is applied.

Changes in version 0.4.1:

• You can now move bodies by dragging with left mouse

• Removed slight latch delay for opening doors as some found it confusing

• Can no longer interact with objects while prone or recovering

• Fixed issue with character placement when travelling from 3rd to 2nd area

• Fixed potential errors after control assignment of additional mouse buttons

• Fixed an issue that could cause characters to refuse to walk through secret doors even after they were opened

• Fixed being able to use the portal to duplicate items

• Fixed characters sometimes not recovering after falling on or between objects

• Various fixes and improvements​

Account page link.

Murf

Exanima made it into the top 50 items on Steam Greenlight in under 24 hours and now after less than 2 days we're close to the top 10! A huge thank you goes out to all our supporters!

We've also just released update 0.4.1 for the Exanima beta (not to be confused with version 0.4.0.1).

Note that, unlike previous patches, your current progress will be lost after it is applied.

Congrats on nearing top 10!!!

and

Changes in version 0.4.1:

• You can now move bodies by dragging with left mouse

YES!! Let the bodies hit the floor!

I was about to PM you and tell you about the bodies ;)

• Fixed an issue that could cause characters to refuse to walk through secret doors even after they were opened
Secret doors! :eek:
I would be very excited to see new types of doors someday.
Double doors, sliding doors, gates I can lift, trapped doors, doors that fall off their hinges, doors made from flesh, passages covered with cloth, and etc.

Last edited:

ZaratanCho

Insider
Dragging bodies is really cool. ;d Nice changes.

Don't know if it's just me but doors don't feel as nice when opening them now. Not a big difference though. ;d

Votes are still going strong, it's really great.

Madoc

Project Lead
Yeah, we preferred the way doors worked before too but some people weren't figuring out how to open them because they weren't dragging on them for long enough but just did quick dragging motions instead.

Pancakez54

Insider
Yeah, we preferred the way doors worked before too but some people weren't figuring out how to open them because they weren't dragging on them for long enough but just did quick dragging motions instead.
Do you think you'll try another way to make the doors feel heavy and great again at a later date :O?

Tony

Insider
I'm happy a new patch is out but also sad that I can't play it. After working seven days in a row I finally have a day off to play Exanima so of course my net connection dies. :mad:

@Madoc That's a real shame about the doors, I did like the weight of the doors but I'll see how they function now.

@Tony It's a 20mb hotfix, maybe you could grab it from your phone?

Tony

Insider
@Madoc That's a real shame about the doors, I did like the weight of the doors but I'll see how they function now.

@Tony It's a 20mb hotfix, maybe you could grab it from your phone?
Yeah, I was thinking about doing so but I'm currently on hold with tech support for my ISP. I'm hoping it's just a temporary outage. I want to be able to stream while I play. :)

EDIT: Okay, my connection is back up so I need to hurry up and download the patch lol. Hopefully this isn't an ongoing issue.

Last edited:

Suggett66

Insider
Haven't had chance to play it yet but does this include new content? like new lore and places to go and such or is this just a patch for fixes? I don't mind if it doesn't add new things, just curious :D

lvk

Insider
I'll miss the latch delay. It gave an extra sense of weight and importance to doors, and entering new areas. Granted they still have that because you have to swing them open yourself, but it was cool.

burgzaza

Insider
Woow so many fixes niiiice !
Can't wait to make a huge pile of undeads !
And gg for the top 10...
Isn't it better to show to those people how to interact with the doors instead of modifying a feature most of us seems to like ? ^^ ( I haven't played this build tho )

For example, something that could help people to see how works the doors, is to set the 1rst door not completely closed, so they could figure it out maybe.
Or maybe an other item that could be used as a "door training", something that is sticked to a steady object, but that you can "drag" like a door.

Last edited:

-Tim-

Insider
Don't know about you guys, but I've tried the 'new' door mechanics and I have absolutely no problem with them, they only feel a bit less heavy.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.