Exanima 0.4.4 Beta

Hyomoto

Insider
Probably the Steam version, Madoc said there were a few pending changes. Now that the Steam release is out, we'll probably see a post about it later today.

I still have never found a single key and I've been through all possible areas without unlocking any closed door..I spent too much time in the arena because I can pretty much slaughter any zombie without taking a single hit...
You are Obviously trolling because you cannot leave the very first area without finding the key for the 2 locked doors, and if you haven't found a single key then you are definitely blind as one is shown in the trailer video if you bothered to watch it. I believe myself a veteran at the combat in this game and even though the zombies don't give me much trouble, it is very possible to die in every single fight. You seem to have taken some personal afront to the game but I ask, if u don't like it or are not good at it do not bash it with false information. I repeat it is impossible for you to even leave the first area without the key so either you are trolling or you think you have finished the campaign.

You are Obviously trolling because you cannot leave the very first area without finding the key for the 2 locked doors, and if you haven't found a single key then you are definitely blind as one is shown in the trailer video if you bothered to watch it. I believe myself a veteran at the combat in this game and even though the zombies don't give me much trouble, it is very possible to die in every single fight. You seem to have taken some personal afront to the game but I ask, if u don't like it or are not good at it do not bash it with false information. I repeat it is impossible for you to even leave the first area without the key so either you are trolling or you think you have finished the campaign.
Well...No. I've spent a loooot of time in the arena and I haven't said I cleared the entire first floor. Just every room leading up to the closed doors and iron gate. It IS possible to die in every fight but once I have the machete and a shield I can take any ghoul one 1v1 no problem. I'm less adept in two handed weapons.

And yes, I am pretty sure after viewing the video showing the two keys I am blind.

EDIT: This was me replying to a thread in the Exanima Beta completers thread where I watched some dude's video showing the keys.

WAITWHAT?? That's where the first key is??!!! I've been there a thousand times no problem I've NEVER seen it there!!!!!

Edit: Okay after seeing you find the second key I've come to the conclusion that keys must be invisible to me lmao. Somehow I've managed to miss those keys about 10 times clearing every room...Christ..
Sorry if that post came off as trolling or bashing the game but I'm most certainly not trying to do that. I literally never saw those keys. They do blend in with th surroundings nicely. I'm going to play in a couple of hours again and see if this time I can find 'em :p

Last edited:
Well...No. I've spent a loooot of time in the arena and I haven't said I cleared the entire first floor. Just every room leading up to the closed doors and iron gate. It IS possible to die in every fight but once I have the machete and a shield I can take any ghoul one 1v1 no problem. I'm less adept in two handed weapons.

And yes, I am pretty sure after viewing the video showing the two keys I am blind.

EDIT: This was me replying to a thread in the Exanima Beta completers thread where I watched some dude's video showing the keys.

Oh wait. I thought I was replying to this thread. Sorry if that post came off as trolling or bashing the game but I'm most certainly not trying to do that.
I am glad it was simply a misunderstanding. The keys are quite small and does need rotating the camera to find some, they are placed where they can be seen but only if you check. I love that fact as u can run by a table with a key but because you are aren't looking for a key you could miss it. Keys are also usually in well thought through places. In a room where 1 guy was trying to protect a loved one the key has obviously filled out of his hand after he fell. Try and put urself in the characters shoes stop looking at it as a game that u need to get the best gear, all items. Instead if you just woke up in an underground cavern how would you react. The game is immensely fun to play this way.

I am glad it was simply a misunderstanding. The keys are quite small and does need rotating the camera to find some, they are placed where they can be seen but only if you check. I love that fact as u can run by a table with a key but because you are aren't looking for a key you could miss it. Keys are also usually in well thought through places. In a room where 1 guy was trying to protect a loved one the key has obviously filled out of his hand after he fell. Try and put urself in the characters shoes stop looking at it as a game that u need to get the best gear, all items. Instead if you just woke up in an underground cavern how would you react. The game is immensely fun to play this way.
Yeah for sure I agree. I'm not advocating the implementation of a holy grail-like divine light shining on 'important' items :p

Although it was very sad seeing my brother struggle for 15 minutes trying to pick up items or opening doors...lol

Yeah for sure I agree. I'm not advocating the implementation of a holy grail-like divine light shining on 'important' items :p

Although it was very sad seeing my brother struggle for 15 minutes trying to pick up items or opening doors...lol
Doors are fairly easy, its just understanding of rotation and momentum. Picking up items can be a pain and would like it to be abit easier to pick up that key or even the torch. The game does have a steep learning curve and I now realise it feels like I have actually undergone some training to be more efficient, not just as a fighter but as an adventurer.

Tip- Try to learn to use both movement modes when not in combat, for general movements use the right mouse key, but for things like walking through a door, use WASD to move your character while using the mouse to open and close the door behind you without stopping movement. It is something I learnt recently since I always use right mouse button, but found using wasd allows me do be more accurate in my movements and be free to use the mouse to interact with doors, or a chair in the way.

And if you play the game like other games you will quickly become frustrated because the game doesnt hold your hand and guide you at all, unlike most rpgs today. Try to remember what it is like looking for your misplaced keys, you need to check thoroughly, same with exanima, you dont need to open all locked doors or chests, but taking the time to search around can yield more rewards. So immerse yourself and search for those keys :p

Last edited:
So weird when others are watching me play. I'm not used to it at all. Had like 8 people watching me for a minute. Wish I was better at it so I could do it justice. lol.

Ageni

Insider
So I've played it for a while and I love it ! Also I feel, that combat and movement while swing my wep is much better! Thanks alot!

Edit: I can see 0.5.0 version in my ACC + Steam keys!! Yeah! :)

Last edited:

Hyomoto

Insider
Just to jump in on, a bit late, I have to say I normally would consider myself okay at fighting but my issue now is that once a ghoul attacks, if you don't defeat them quickly others begin to show up pretty quickly. I love the feeling. It provides a nice incentive to not fight. Stealth, per sae, may not be in the game but you can get a cheap thrill sneaking about.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.