Exanima 0.5.3.1 patch

Zelumiel

Thanks. One more question: Sui Generis and Exanima is the same game right? Is the price on Steam for "bouth" games, Sui Generis and Exanima or just Exanima? If its not, when will Sui Generis come on Steam?

Last edited:

Tony

Insider
Thanks. One more question: Sui Generis and Exanima is the same game right? Is the price on Steam for "bouth" games, Sui Generis and Exanima or just Exanima? If its not, when will Sui Generis come on Steam?
No, they are two different games. Exanima is the prelude to SG and takes place 20 years prior. The only people who get Exanima and SG both are the ones who helped crowdfund the games by donating before it went live on Steam. Eventually Sui Generis will be sold on Steam too (likely going to be at least a year or more until that happens).

Zelumiel

Have someone played Sui Generis and is some players already got this game? Is ther a way to get it now? What I don`t understand is why the Devs uses time on a prelude, instead of using all the time on the main game? I mean they already got the kickstarter money, so why make "another game" that they also sell and have to use time on? I hope the reason isn`t that they gonna abandon Sui Generis, because that game just look awesome :)

Have someone played Sui Generis and is some players already got this game? Is ther a way to get it now? What I don`t understand is why the Devs uses time on a prelude, instead of using all the time on the main game? I mean they already got the kickstarter money, so why make "another game" that they also sell and have to use time on? I hope the reason isn`t that they gonna abandon Sui Generis, because that game just look awesome :)
They decided to make a prelude because, although the kickstarter was successful it still did not generate much revenue, also instead of players waiting much longer for suigeneris to be finished, the devs decided to make a prelude using features that will also be used in Sui generis. You see some kickstarter games by devs that have already been in the industry for years get millions to create the same things they have done b4 just better, while innovative indie company get amounts like 100k. Having devs work on the game, eat, pay rent, pay staff, etc, with such a small amount is appalling. I have played pillars of eternity which got millions and looked like a game from 10years ago and plays almost the same as most isometric games, very few innovative things, and the devs will just write a new story and sell it as a dlc and the masses will just flock to it,sad.

Also never forget, while most games use already established engines, madoc is making his own for Sui generis, this would make the development process a bit longer as new features are created, added, and tested.

Tony

Insider
No one is playing Sui Generis; like I mentioned in my previous post it won't be available for at least another year (likely even two). It is not available to anyone yet (not even testers). There is no way to purchase Sui Generis since the crowdfunding for it is closed.

The devs decided to create Exanima as a way to give players something to actually play since development was taking longer than initially planned. Instead of releasing everything in a bare bones state and then polishing it post-release (which was their original plan for Sui Generis) the devs decided to polish everything as they went, which of course takes considerably more time to do.

Exanima consists of features they're working on for Sui Generis. When game mechanics are in a playable state they get added to Exanima. This way original backers don't have to wait five or six years for Sui Generis to be released before they get to play something and also people can give feedback as the game is being developed since they're actually playing and testing new mechanics during the development process. Exanima generates more funding necessary to continue development while also insuring everything is very well polished and functioning properly.

The devs made Exanima a prelude (takes place twenty years before Sui Generis) so that it wouldn't spoil the entire story and gaming experience that Sui Generis will offer. And making Exanima more limited in scope (limited to the Underworld) allows them to easily add features to the game when they're ready instead of having a large, open world that is empty and missing features (since they're not completed yet). Everything created for Exanima is also necessary for Sui Generis. Yes, Sui Generis is still coming out; working on Exanima is making progress towards Sui Generis.

Last edited:

NachoDawg

I think that the most important benefit to me about having a prelude is that the SG experience won't be spoiled

I mean, imagine playing Skyrim throughout the alpha-stages. You'd experience all the towns and quests while they were barely decorated and functioning. You wouldn't then bother with the whole game again after it got to 1.0, so you would never get to experience seeing something for the first time in a polished state

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.