Exanima 0.5.3.1 patch

Madoc

Project Lead
A patch for Exanima 0.5.3 to 0.5.3.1 is now available for download. This patch features a few improvements and numerous fixes. Some of the more technical fixes are not included the changelog.
  • Further improved how characters negotiate ground obstacles
  • Improved character hit reaction behaviour
  • Sound system optimisations
  • Fixed issue with objects disappearing through floor
  • Fixed various issues with equipping items to hands
  • Improved various sound effects
  • Fixed portcullises not remaining locked in saved games
  • Fixed mechanisms stopping their operation on continue
  • Fixed issues with falling in pits
  • Fixed issues with pressure plate collisions and movement
  • Various tweaks and fixes to content

Account page link.

Cooper Holt

Insider
Are the hotfixes not added to the Steam copy of the game? I have the "Continue" option on my Steam version but not my other version; their versions are 0.5.3.1 and 0.5.3.6, respectively.

Edit: Clarity and word choice.
Edit2: Also, does this mean that the hotfixes will remove my save?

Last edited:

Murf

If you have DRM free version and steam version it shares the same appdata folder, so if you update DRM to the latest beta hotfix you are going to have issues if you go back and try to play the steam version.

Tony

Insider
Are the hotfixes not added to the Steam copy of the game? I have the "Continue" option on my Steam version but not my other version; their versions are 0.5.3.1 and 0.5.3.6, respectively.

Edit: Clarity and word choice.
Edit2: Also, does this mean that the hotfixes will remove my save?
The hotfixes are added to Steam eventually. They are released here first for people to test out before being added to Steam. This means we may get several small fixes here whereas Steam gets one larger patch that includes all of these fixes.

Murf

Does this mean I can just wait it out? I certainly hope so
yes it does but....

I have the "Continue" option on my Steam version but not my other version; their versions are 0.5.3.1 and 0.5.3.6, respectively.
Since you have already hotfixed your DRM version, that has affected your %appdata%\Exanima file and since both Steam and DRM Free use the same %appadataq\Exanima location for game settings and such, your Steam version is going to be affected. Now that you have done the DRM Free HF to .5.3.6, it would be best to stick with playing the DRM Free .5.3.6 and not the Steam(.5.3.1) version.

Cooper Holt

Insider
yes it does but....

Since you have already hotfixed your DRM version, that has affected your %appdata%\Exanima file and since both Steam and DRM Free use the same %appadataq\Exanima location for game settings and such, your Steam version is going to be affected. Now that you have done the DRM Free HF to .5.3.6, it would be best to stick with playing the DRM Free .5.3.6 and not the Steam(.5.3.1) version.
So the save is gone?

Murf

Not gone, but I think there are potential issues, if you have a save from .1 and play it on .6. No clue what having a save from .6 does if you try and play it on .1 They share the same system folder, so one save, that either version will open, may cause errors is all.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.