Exanima 0.6.3 (public beta)

Phyose

Any clues on the three ribbon door on level 5? Been stuck there for a while, and running into the locked eye doors is really starting to get on my nerves :/

I kinda cheated it by just running past the golems lol. They're still after me.

Last edited:

Tyon

Don't think there is a token at the moment, it will probably be behind one of the 2 locked doors nearby.

Paladin

The orange and blue crystals do nothing at the moment in the socket for the Mask, however the green crystasls when placed in the sockets of the mask and then worn heal you although the crystal runs out slowly.
Ok thx I also found a mace
with socket when you place the blue Crystal in it. it starts to sparkle so i suspect you do some form of extra lightning damage other colour gems dont seem to do anything yet

Last edited:

Suggett66

Insider
Ok thx I also found a mace
with socket when you place the blue Crystal in it. it starts to sparkle so i suspect you do some form of extra lightning damage other colour gems dont seem to do anything yet
Yeah there is no effect with the other 2 but the blue does lightning damage, although i've yet to test it on anything other than a golem so no idea if it actually does more damage

Any clues on the three ribbon door on level 5? Been stuck there for a while, and running into the locked eye doors is really starting to get on my nerves :/

I kinda cheated it by just running past the golems lol. They're still after me.
Yeah, every locked door you come across at the moment just has an unfinished area behind it is all.

Saetheer

Insider
Thanks for clearing that.

Thought I would share my crudely drawn map. Its currently crappy quality

Map legend
Starting position
Chest, storage units etc.
Floor symbols
Loot on ground, shelf, or dangerous places
Leavers that do something/nothing
Map shortcut. Software is not optimal, scaling and size are not 100% accurate. Also used a thin line, that does not correctly show how the corridor looks like.

Crudely drawn map of level 5

Syllabear3

Outstanding!
Something i didnt understand... if you play the content now you will start all over from the portal?? So you lose all your equip?}

How to update with steam?

Tony

Insider
Outstanding!
Something i didnt understand... if you play the content now you will start all over from the portal?? So you lose all your equip?}

How to update with steam?
If you want to play the beta version on Steam you need to opt in to the beta branch. If you open the Steam game library, right click on Exanima, select Properties, click Beta tab and then opt into the beta using the dropdown box; no beta key is required.

Syllabear3

If you want to play the beta version on Steam you need to opt in to the beta branch. If you open the Steam game library, right click on Exanima, select Properties, click Beta tab and then opt into the beta using the dropdown box; no beta key is required.
Thanks you! Would you recomend me to play it right now? or should i wait. I am not desperate since ive readed that you need to start all the 4act over (not hard but i have like 5 chars already ;p ).

Tony

Insider
Thanks you! Would you recomend me to play it right now? or should i wait. I am not desperate since ive readed that you need to start all the 4act over (not hard but i have like 5 chars already ;p ).
If you don't want to spend the time starting over from the portal then I'd recommend waiting for the full patch.

Qazlal

I want to report few bugs in 0.6.3.1 version:
1. An old and minor bug: when my character switches weapon to torch + weapon the model of the torch does not appear. It looks like a character holds an empty space. But, when a hero goes through a doorstep the torch appears.
2. When my character goes to the new location with metal statues he must pass through a loading screen. And a lot of bug are awaiting me there: after passing of loading screen I catch black screen with a error: Load RFC - Invalid RFC header, Sector management - error appending travelsal: Sword2DH0 etc. I could give screenshots if someone needs them.
And with this error I hear like my character shouts as if he falls into a pit.
Sometimes the error appears, but the game does not crash. But if I save my progress in the new location, next time I load the game all my progress in the location is lost. And the game loads me right after portal that leads to Sir.

Mark117

A big update was due out today, but we haven't quite managed to complete it in time. We know many of you were expecting an update, and though it's not complete it is already in a playable state. There are also many improvements to the game in general. So, for those of you who can't wait a little longer, we've put it up as an optional beta download, accessible to everyone.

There are still some issues, particularly with the new content, there are also areas that are inaccessible or incomplete and some features of the environment are not yet included. Playing through the content now means you will have to eventually restart at the portal to play it in its complete state.

Your current saves will revert to before the portal if you've already gone through it, this will reset the 4th level which now provides access to the new area and features other improvements.

Here's a changelog for this beta version:
  • Huge new map to explore, roughly as large as the first 3 levels combined
  • New environment, encounters and mechanics
  • Many new items
  • Advanced lightning / electricity
  • New itemisation features
  • Improved environment reflections
  • Improved shadows
  • Improved post-processing and atmospherics
  • New lighting engine features and effects
  • Improved animation
  • Improved footwork and movement
  • More realistic character balance behaviour
  • Improved character articulation physics
  • Improved equipment graphics
  • More accurate weapon balance and mass
  • Weapon specific swing behaviour
  • Increased zoom levels
  • New music
  • Graphical improvements to some existing levels
  • Pausing the game now pauses all sound effects
  • Improved visuals on Intel HD Graphics
  • Many bug fixes and small enhancements

Account page link

Hi I have Exanima v0.6.2.01 and i have never been prompted to installl the next version. The previous update had been done autmatically by Steam, is there something i need to do? Or somewhere else I can get it?

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.