Exanima 0.6.5.3

Taohn

Here I'm gonna comment on both 0.6.5.2 and 0.6.5.3.

So, outdoor arenas are AMAZING!

Combat seems to be more fluid, though it may be just a placebo effect, but who knows...

Unfortunately, there's also something strange going on...
Recently, I bought a new notebook - much better one than what I had before.

My previous notebook specs:
- Intel i3
- 3 GB RAM
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series

My new notebook specs:
- Intel i3 6100U
- 8 GB RAM
- Intel HD Graphics 520

So, the point is that every single game runs much better/smoother on my new notebook... except "Exanima". Sadly, it runs even worse. 0.6.5.3 update didn't help either :( I've got 60 FPS only in arenas. In arena hub location and story mode it's about 30 FPS with screen stuttering every few seconds. This stuttering was nowhere to be found while playing on my previous notebook.
Similar issue here. Playing on a Surface Pro 4 (intel core i5, 8gb ram, intel hd graphics 520) and had near perfect performance before 6.5. 6.5.3 fixed the problems with the outdoor arenas (black screen), but stuttering and slowdowns have become quite frequent when there weren't any before.

Edit: Should add, cursor movement seems somehow more sluggish/less responsive than before 6.5.

Still enjoying it immensely, though! Love the new arenas, music, and items.

DoubleDHZ

Don't know if this is from this patch or not (haven't played for several months), but when playing the game I have this high pitch humming sound. The pitch changes, when the camera rotates, moves or zooms in or out. When pressing escape and the 3D image freezes and the main menu appears, the sound is gone. Pressing ESC again to continue playing, the sound is back again. Same as when going to any screen (manage, hire or recruit) on the arena roster menu.

That sound is really annoying.

Tony

Insider
Don't know if this is from this patch or not (haven't played for several months), but when playing the game I have this high pitch humming sound. The pitch changes, when the camera rotates, moves or zooms in or out. When pressing escape and the 3D image freezes and the main menu appears, the sound is gone. Pressing ESC again to continue playing, the sound is back again. Same as when going to any screen (manage, hire or recruit) on the arena roster menu.

What you're experiencing is called 'coil whine' and it's usually caused when your GPU or PSU is being heavily stressed. Do you have v-sync enabled? Sometimes limiting the FPS in the game will lessen the coil whine which v-sync will do or you can also add this to the Exanima.ini file located in %appdata%\Exanima:

FPSlimit = 60

(you may use whatever value you'd like)

Play with the graphics settings also. My GPU does this very slightly when I have everything on highest settings. I turn supersampling down a notch and it's gone.

Last edited:

DoubleDHZ

What you're experiencing is called 'coil whine' and it's usually caused when your GPU or PSU is being heavily stressed. Do you have v-sync enabled? Sometimes limiting the FPS in the game will lessen the coil whine which v-sync will do or you can also add this to the Exanima.ini file located in %appdata%\Exanima:

FPSlimit = 60

(you may use whatever value you'd like)
Nope, vsync wasn't turned on, but now I turned it on and I also set the FPS limit to 60 with lessend it a bit.

Play with the graphics settings also. My GPU does this very slightly when I have everything on highest settings. I turn supersampling down a notch and it's gone.
Thanks for the tip.
Yeah, I had to completely turn off supersampling to make it go away completely. But the graphics quality suffers a lot from it. It's definitely way better than having to play with the coil whine, but it is also not an optimal solution.

Tony

Insider
Nope, vsync wasn't turned on, but now I turned it on and I also set the FPS limit to 60 with lessend it a bit.

Thanks for the tip.
Yeah, I had to completely turn off supersampling to make it go away completely. But the graphics quality suffers a lot from it. It's definitely way better than having to play with the coil whine, but it is also not an optimal solution.
Since it's a problem with your specific hardware only way to completely fix it is to replace the part that is doing it. Sadly, not much Bare Mettle can do about it.

My previous notebook specs:
- Intel i3
- 3 GB RAM
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series

My new notebook specs:
- Intel i3 6100U
- 8 GB RAM
- Intel HD Graphics 520
I am guessing its the Intel 520 graphics chip. The Radeon HD 5000 is made for this type of gaming and prolly handles 3d stuff better.

Mati9319

Supporter
I am guessing its the Intel 520 graphics chip. The Radeon HD 5000 is made for this type of gaming and prolly handles 3d stuff better.
So how it's possible that (for example) "Dark Souls" runs much better on my new notebook (about 30FPS all the time with 1920x1080 resolution) than on the previous one (about 10FPS all the time with 1366x768 resolution)?

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.