Exanima Currency - Do we like it?

Saetheer

Insider
Since my game is corrupt and my currency doesnt work the correct way, this post is irrelephant..

So, I've been spending some time with Exanimia now, and I've tried to pay attention to the currency.

After managing to get my first silver-coin, I noticed it went from copper til silver around, 250 copper. Although that is a fair amount of work before getting your first silver, I felt like I still wasn't sure how much it was actually worth. Since I'm a programmer, I made the assumptions that since 1 byte = 255 (storing values from 0-255), 256 copper is 1 silver:

255 = max amount of copper or silver.

1 silver, 0 copper = 256 copper
255 silver, 255 copper = 65 535 copper (one copper short to 1 gold)
1 gold = 256 silver = 65 536 copper

semi-geeky assumption of maximum gold possible to possess:
You can have huge amount of gold. If there is no tier above gold, and if copper is stored in a byte - I assume the money is stored in total of 4 bytes (normal) , which results in a maximum money value off:

65 536 gold, 255 silver and 255 copper = 16 711 680 silver, 255 copper = 4 294 967 295 copper

My conclusion to this is: just loitering yield no progress. However, challenging yourself and your champion, may reward big, earning you golds and silver that you may spend on better gear.

If anyone want to see how much value any number of gold coins, see spoiler below for formula
Limits:
Gold: 0 -> 65 536,
Silver : 0 -> 255,
Copper: 0 -> 65 536

Gold*256*256 + Silver*256 + Copper
example:
5 gold, 24 silver, 99 Copper
5*256*256 + 24*256 + 99 = 333 923 Copper

Last edited:

zhuliks

Insider
First anyone reading your post will tell you 1 silver is 12 copper (they aren't called that in game lore btw) as its a bit confusing without explanation.

Second last I checked "copper" money was stored in 4 bytes, which is 4,294,967,296, but still I don't quite get why one silver would have 255 copper.

Murf

Correct it goes by 12's 12 diads(c)=1 'forgot the name' (silver), 12 (silver) = 1 Crown(g)

Saetheer

Insider
So then please explain why i had ~250 'diads' last night?

I have the beta version, unsure if that may be.

Tony

Insider
So then please explain why i had ~250 'diads' last night?

I have the beta version, unsure if that may be.
Perhaps take a screenshot? I've not heard of this happening to anyone else. Like Murf said, money goes by denominations of 12, not 255.

If you're having an issue it may also help to note what you were doing before the issue occurred so Madoc can figure out what caused it.

Last edited:

Saetheer

Insider
If anyone can, please explain this.. - Have been doing nothing other than arena fighting aswell as completing all 4 level (killed Sir)

Murf

Could be an issue with how the game stup, looks like a brand new character. I would delte that one and start a new one.

Have also seen cheat engine make the game behave that way

Saetheer

Insider
Could be an issue with how the game stup, looks like a brand new character. I would delte that one and start a new one.

Have also seen cheat engine make the game behave that way
Its "old". It's just my slacking outfit. Adept rank

How do I disable cheat engine?
edit: never mind. Googled it. I dont have that.

Mowglia

Well basically your 251 diads (copper) should be registering as 1 crown (gold), 8 talins (silver), 11 diads (copper).

Also your shop doesn't appear to be working correctly, there should be more items available.

Assuming you've not hacked the game in any way, then what version are you using? Is this an old save?

You could try starting a new Arena character to see if you can replicate this behaviour (you should start to see silver coins as soon as you reach 12 copper).

Murf

The outfit does not matter, the shop6 and your inventory show as a brand new character on and older version. Best bet would be to doa full Uninstall, maker sure appdata/exanima is gone, reboot, then install again, no known bug causes the money to behave that way, only the editting6of specific addresses within the executable would cause that. . Since yiu haven't done that, best bet woukd be full uninstall and delete all game files, reboit and reinstall.

Hope that helps

Saetheer

Insider
The outfit does not matter, the shop6 and your inventory show as a brand new character on and older version. Best bet would be to doa full Uninstall, maker sure appdata/exanima is gone, reboot, then install again, no known bug causes the money to behave that way, only the editting6of specific addresses within the executable would cause that. . Since yiu haven't done that, best bet woukd be full uninstall and delete all game files, reboit and reinstall.

Hope that helps
hmfr.. another task for another time. I'm depressed. Thanks, will do it in the future. I'll just keep "practice" my sword play for now.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.