Exanima gaining traction!

Zotis

I guess this is one of those games you either love or hate. The people that hate it really just can't get passed how hard it is. Hard to control, and hard to beat. Anything they don't like they will nit pick for flaws to criticise, but at the heart of it I think they just want to be good at a game instantly without exerting any effort. I'm sure some people have valid reasons for not liking the game, but I've yet to hear any legitimate criticisms. Besides that I think the positive responses are outweighing the negative ones.

Last edited:

speculum

Insider
On the topic of press commentary...
http://crateandcrowbar.com/?powerpress_pinw=799-podcast

Go to around the 34 minute mark, the guy who wrote the article gives some context to what he was trying to say. I think it's a bit more nuanced than he is being given credit for. Content is generally...
-Combat feels extremely tense, for reasons both good and bad
-The nature of the player's control of their character helps the game almost feel like a horror simulator
-Moving and attacking is extremely unintuitive, which is in fact the main criticism

Zotis

I loved that initial clumsiness. The moment I experienced that I felt like that was exactly how it should be until you get good at controlling yourself.

Parco

http://steamspy.com/app/362490 quite alot of owners on steam now, 11608, im guessing the first 1,5k-4k are backers who received keys when it aired on steam. that should pass 100k$ at least unless the amount of people who received keys and redeemed it on steam are more than 4k.
i dont know how much steam takes form each sale, but $100k dollars in 10-11 days isnt bad at all i would say.

Last edited:

Vold

Insider
Weren't there like 7000 or 8000 backers?, if the ~33% of them recieved 2 keys that's like 10000 steam keys out there.
Although, I doubt that all of them have been used, probably more than the half though, so I'd say 6000. Now there are 11.5k owners so 5500 new owners. I think it's still pretty good, and certainly much better than before steam where they were like 2000 new backers in 2 years? :p

Also, the 83% of the reviews are positive, and there are 345 in total at the moment. And most of the negative ones are due to the controls and lack of patience.

Last edited:

Parco

yea, but 4167 of them (from kickstarter at least) didnt pledge more than 15£ so they dont get a key for early access (i think), or did they?

Poza1010

Insider
There is a thing I don't like too much a about that article. It says "Exanima has been developed to serve as a second source of funding [...]. Those who supported the project didn't take it very well [...]" I mean, to me Exanima felt like something that was necessary, it didn't bother me at all. Isn't the article generalising a little bit? Or am I the only one who thinks that way?

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.