Exanima Hotfix 0.4.3.3

Madoc

Project Lead
0.4.3.3 is up now and should all be fixed!

Account page link.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently theres some serious issues with this hotfix in the main game mode and so we've taken it down. In the meantime if you wish to continue playing you should be able to reapply 4.3.1 to revert the changes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you know we are currently experimenting with some changes to the animation system and we messed some things up in 0.4.3.1 which caused characters to stumble a lot more than they should, particularly after dashing. This hotfix solves this issues and includes a few other minor fixes.

Account page link.

Last edited:

ZaratanCho

Insider
After the hot fix the character spazzes out sometimes and makes a massive step to the right(think it was to the right all the times it occured).

Madoc

Project Lead
After the hot fix the character spazzes out sometimes and makes a massive step to the right(think it was to the right all the times it occured).
Could you elaborate on this please? The problem with 0.4.3.1 is best observed when stepping right and doing an LtR which easily causes the character to stumble up to 10 feet in that direction (this is just a very obvious example). We reverted the change that caused this and confirmed that it was behaving normally and as it did previously.

ZaratanCho

Insider
No, i don't think i even pressed anything at all when it happened(maybe just tried to move forward). Kind of wiggle its legs and just leaped to the right. Haven't seen anything like that before, only the occasional legs jiggling causing the character to make steps to the right or look for balance at start of fight or during a fight which is(was?) more rare.

Edit: Ok it was happening now, i was just making steps after a fight in arena. Character was taking big lunges in different directions by itself.

I also noticed if you press S>A to go back and left its a lunge and not steps, unless you do it slowly. Probably intended ? Not in double top mode i meant ;x ;d

Last edited:

Gvodzi

Insider
HOLY COW this has to have been the best run of the expert arena ive had since this new patch..things are feeling alot smoother and the enimes are though as hell the boss took three over heads with the best halberd while lying on the ground and still didnt die..love this good job BM

Yeah I noticed the final expert opponent was able to take a hell of a beating with the maul. Which is good, I always found him easier than the previous two (perhaps because I equipped their armour), so this makes him a tougher final boss.

Oh wow that is soooo much better thank you! 4.3.1 was driving me insane! I was trying my darndest though.

On a positive note finally after all this time; (I need a badge or something) I am actually getting to the point where I do NOT NEED to keep the camera behind my avatar. I still have hang ups and issues; but the tank controls after all this time are usable to me. It still isn't my preference but at least there is hope that I will be able to do it after all.

Typically when I play after a quick bout I realign the camera behind my character. Everything is way easier then; except the danger I place myself in for a brief moment when aligning the camera. I've been hard at work trying to get used to the tank controls and not moving the camera at all. There does seem to be some hope for me here after all.

Also I'm getting pretty darn good at quick duck and attack.

Arena mode: Enemy combatants are insanely more aggressive and precise now. And my window of block with shield and or parrying is far lower it seems. So often enemy attacks should be blocked or parried are in fact not. Enemy attacks blow through defenses far more often. Enemies rarely care about their own defense just attack attack attack and they are way more precise. Far faster paced game now and I can't keep up. It seems like maybe the first round until death they don't play so aggressive or at least the first enemy. But after that they just start swinging and don't seem to stop. Relaoded the game to double check.

RobG

Insider
Enemy combatants are insanely more aggressive and precise now
Well aggressive enemies are a good thing, attacking leaves them vulnerable more often, they may be more precise but so are you mate, both sides have been improved in that regard. You can direct blows much more easily now ive found its made some fights much quicker for me at least. You can aim some awesome shots to the head and neck or legs, as can the enemy. This is an improvement in my opinion. I haven't had much trouble reaching the same standard I was at pre-patch personally.

Movement seems less janky and more controlled to me, from both sides, I really like it, your movement is so important, but always has been its just gone up a notch in terms of precision with footsteps and attacking, which can only be a good thing surely?

Mikodzi

Insider
I don't feel like an enemy should swing his long sword for like ... non-stop.
If he is a human being - there should be pauses between his attacks to breath in a bit.
And yeah, opponents are easy to predict now - they don't change tactics in combat.

RobG

Insider
you got a video of this happening dude? havn't experienced this myself I'm interested to see whats going on for you.

It was fun before. Challenging and I couldn't beat it but it was so fun it didn't matter and slowly I was getting better and better. Now it is just infuriating. Haven't yelled and cried out bullshit at a video game this much in years. I'm just fuming at the moment. I keep going away and coming back later and I am not improving I can only have a lucky couple bouts every so often. I even cry out when bullshit is in my favor. At least A+W strafe works now. I want to play but who the hell wants to be constantly pissed. Think I'll uninstall and reinstall 0.4.2 or 0.4.1.1 . I want to enjoy a challenge not constantly just get my face smashed in. When I get hit before I'd yell out OoooHhhh nice hit! and smile a bit and keep on keepin on.

RobG

Insider
It was fun before. Challenging and I couldn't beat it but it was so fun it didn't matter and slowly I was getting better and better. Now it is just infuriating. Haven't yelled and cried out bullshit at a video game this much in years. I'm just fuming at the moment. I keep going away and coming back later and I am not improving I can only have a lucky couple bouts every so often. I even cry out when bullshit is in my favor. At least A+W strafe works now. I want to play but who the hell wants to be constantly pissed. Think I'll uninstall and reinstall 0.4.2 or 0.4.1.1 . I want to enjoy a challenge not constantly just get my face smashed in. When I get hit before I'd yell out OoooHhhh nice hit! and smile a bit and keep on keepin on.
im so confused by these comments tbh are you talking about arena or the campaign? I don't see the problem at all imo the patch is really cool and its a bit of a change and adjustment to get used to, but not really that drastically different... meh I dunno, I certainally dont see bullshit anyway just smarter AI and cooler moves possible, which is surely what we all want?, id love to see vids of you guys playing so I can get my head around it.

Don't worry about it RobG I'm just trying hard to explain my experience since the changes and at the very least what I think I am noticing. Even after going back to earlier builds I'm still getting my ass kicked but not in the same way. I've been playing Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 a lot lately and that could have something to do with why I'm getting my ass kicked. See after a certain patch I want to say around 0.4.0 I suddenly got way better for almost a week. I was impressed with myself. Since then I've not been able to play that good again. Infact I seem to just keep getting worse and worse and it at least seems to me to do with each release of every new patch because well that is when I start playing again. For that period of time that I was doing well the game was a lot of fun and so long as I didn't make a stupid mistake I was owning it. I can't put my finger on what my problem is. Even after going back to earlier builds however the character responsiveness did seem better than, shields and parrys do still seem like they were far more effective. Other moves like A+W strafe and quick crouch and attack are easier to pull off now, however. And yes it does seem like attacking a specific region of a foe is easier now. So the things I'm noticing going back and forth between the builds do seem to hold true but I am playing really terribly on top of it. I do seem to be the only one though so it is all probably just me.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.