Exanima Lore Thread

Hastur

With the introduction of the new classes and the bits of text explaining them, I noticed with the Proctor class, it states something about you being sent out to investigate whatever happened to the previous (female)Proctor that they sent to investigate the area. They've been gone long enough to be considered missing, but not dead.

There is a zombie in level 3 that is a a female proctor, sword, seal and uniform. Is this that same Proctor that went missing? And how long have they been in this zombie state?

Yes, this is very probable. And I don't think she's been a zombie for very long because when you compare her to the other undead she looks more human and her skin is more colored.

The person writing the scrolls also mentions her I and I doubt that person have a great advance over you.

Last edited:

Deityfierezy

Insider
Yes, this is very probable. And I don't think she's been a zombie for very long because when you compare her to the other undead she looks more human and her skin is more colored.

The person writing the scrolls also mentions her I and I doubt that person have a great advance over you.
I dont see any difference, only the ability in fighting, but maybe is because is a proctor and have some skills,
maybe the skin like that is just a side effect of the necromancy.
and wath you think about of the new zombies? at first I think all skeletons was the first pepole living in here and the 1-3 level zombies was pepole sended by hamon [insert jojokes in here], and the zombie of level 3 was pappin
but then we got to level 5 and there was that stranges zombies, I think they look like that becouse of using souls gems with the mask, or maybe is not a normal necromancy, maybe the guardian or spellgiver did it.
Sorry for my english.

Tyon

I'm pretty sure the "undead" in level 5 look that way because their bodies were very well preserved in the tombs, notice how they don't bleed when you hit them on skin.

HopeDIV

Insider
I'm pretty sure the "undead" in level 5 look that way because their bodies were very well preserved in the tombs, notice how they don't bleed when you hit them on skin.
I dont think all the zombies were from the tombs, see the masked fellow from the barricaded room in the two-ribbon section.

Missing

I just finished floor 1 (yeah, just started to play the game - and I guess fights take too much of my time since I am mostly going back waiting for a counter attack after enemy swing) - but the number of scorlls and books over here amazed me. Are there also as many on the next levels?

And the most "charming" *scene* on the level 1 for me was the room with a dead guy and a dead undead (pun! XD) and a locked room where the body of the girl is located (and a high loot chest, I guess). I bet it was his wife/daughter and he locked her there to secure her, died some time after (probably in the fight with this unded, or from the wounds) and she had no way of escape, so the safespot became a trap. Anyway would like to know more about what happened. Any other theories? Or some facts you can find in other places?

Tony

Insider
I just finished floor 1 (yeah, just started to play the game - and I guess fights take too much of my time since I am mostly going back waiting for a counter attack after enemy swing) - but the number of scorlls and books over here amazed me. Are there also as many on the next levels?

And the most "charming" *scene* on the level 1 for me was the room with a dead guy and a dead undead (pun! XD) and a locked room where the body of the girl is located (and a high loot chest, I guess). I bet it was his wife/daughter and he locked her there to secure her, died some time after (probably in the fight with this unded, or from the wounds) and she had no way of escape, so the safespot became a trap. Anyway would like to know more about what happened. Any other theories? Or some facts you can find in other places?
Yes, all of the levels have a significant number of lore items in place. I'm glad you were able to pick up on the fact that the environment and layout of the levels is just as important to the story as anything else (not everyone notices or appreciates the handcrafted levels or the meticulous attention to detail) :cool:.

Missing

I'm glad you were able to pick up on the fact that the environment and layout of the levels is just as important to the story as anything else (not everyone notices or appreciates the handcrafted levels or the meticulous attention to detail) :cool:.
All I can say now is... SO MANY GODDAMN TOILETS! : D

Peasant135

... I think they look like that becouse of using souls gems with the mask, or maybe is not a normal necromancy, maybe the guardian or spellgiver did it.
Sorry for my english.
What do you think this is? Some kind of anime with cutesey anime girls in frilly outfits fighting evil? And a fluffy white maskott?
and the fireplaces don't have bottoms...
I once tried to put my torch into a fireplace and lost it. DAMN YOU, DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL! Then I went for some time using a healing jar as a light source. Long story short, I had to restart.

Peasant135

if it was that I wont be here, but why did you say that? for the jojokes? sorry then, and sorry for my english
It was a refrence I thought you will get. You really should watch Puella Magi Madoka Magica. If you like dark fantasy and such you will love it.

quick question, dont let me de-rail whatever you guys are talking about :p

why are we able to pass the first seal on floor 5 without incident but passing an identical seal later in the level activates the golems?

is it an oversight for gameplay or has something happened to the golems or yourself after crossing it?

quick question, dont let me de-rail whatever you guys are talking about :p

why are we able to pass the first seal on floor 5 without incident but passing an identical seal later in the level activates the golems?

is it an oversight for gameplay or has something happened to the golems or yourself after crossing it?
Have you read my signature?

Homiccus

I am still quite puzzled with the purpose of the 'outpost' - levels one through three.
Let's gather the facts.
First of all, the outpost is designed to be self contained. A castle with all possible services and workshops - smithies, potteries, carpentry workshops, kennels, stables, hospitals, morgue, taverns, prison, living quarters, barracks.
It is definitely geared up for war and designed to survive lengthy siege. Note the independent water sources and mountains of stockpiled food. The plethora of war equipment, including barricades and standardised armour, indicates the military character of the building.
Ok, so ready for war. But with whom? And against whom?
The obvious entrance on level one is barricaded. That would suggest the enemy was on the outside.
The main armoury on the first level is empty and we don't see many ancient warriors at all - skeletons with matching equipment are only at level three. Does this suggest the war broke out and the army marched out?
Also. The halls surrounding the portal on the third level. There are tables and chairs, shelves designed for scrolls and paperwork. All of it looks like a 'reception' of some kind or trading stalls.
Were they sending resources to the civilisation level four and onwards? Were they trading? If so, in what? There hardly any traces of the 'outpost' goods and technology behind the portal and the only corresponding tech found in the 'outpost' are the ever-glowing lamps and healing pots. Actually, levels 4+ light their corridors with ever-burning torches, but this might be styling choice. Furthermore, the outpost stockpiles are mainly wood and food and again there's almost no trace of those wares below...
I can't make my mind at all. Were the people in the outpost traders and had been prepared to protect their trade secrets with standing army? Or were they on the front of invading army? Or maybe they were geared towards waging wars to capture slaves which were then registered on the third level halls and sent off through the portal to serve in the experiments?
More questions than answers again.

ThommiX

I think the guardian is very much awake and caused all this after the thaumaturge's/necromancer's went too far. Thats why they died too. Since most of the people were horrified to what they were doing to the bodies/living people,questioning the morale of their actions. People before were there to gain more power. Something went wrong and the guardian awoke. Sir might be one of his "champions". Also it could be that the Guardian itself woke up all the undead. The hospital,was it on level 2, describes that the patients had lacerations and bite wounds from a huge beast. Description fits and this also means that both sides were alive at same time. There is a mention of a war too,that we(dunno what side the writer means) won. Eventually though everyone has died and undead risen,could be though that there is some necromancer still alive deeper who raised those. Then again,someone outside knows the place and keeps sending people in and the reason isn't clearing the undead.
So,they woke up guardian,it sent forth its own champions,necros/thauma's fought back and eventually lost. People outside don't seem to know what happened inside,so they keep on sending people as agreed.

Now that i unlocked the proctor,it very much confirms that there are people being kidnapped from 2 villages and the king sent his proctor(the one you kill) to check it out. Well,that proctor died too and someone turned him to a undead too,perhaps the necromancer who resides deeper?

Really love how they don't just hand out the facts of the story :)

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.