Exanima tutorials and guides

Saranjivac

Hi all, I plan on making lots of exanima videos in the future, ranging from combat tutorials for beginners, to some more advanced tips, explanation how gear works, how many layers of gear you can have on each part of your body etc.

So I decided to do it all here in this topic instead of making lots of different topics.

Combat system:
-beginner

Itemization:
-
gearing in layers

Weapon playstyles:
-
bardiche

EDITS:
6th of June 2016 - added layered gear video

Last edited:

DoubleDHZ

Thanks a lot for the beginner video!

I bought Exanima a few weeks ago, but hadn't much time to play. I think I played roughly 15 to 20 minutes so far.
The only thing I figured out myself was how to do the L-to-R swing and a little bit of stepping in and stepping out.
The stab attack I figured out because I saw the hotkey in the options menu.
I had no idea, I could block so easily just by aiming at the opponents weapon with the mouse. Also the overhead swing was completely new to me.
That helped a lot!

Looking forward for gearing/layers vid!
Keep up the good work!

P.S.: Little feedback for the devs as well: As a bloody noob it is somewhat annoying in arena practice mode, that I'm thrown back to the main menu when pressing exit after a defeat. At least the name, char setup and equipment gets stored. But having to press Arena -> Practice -> Novice -> Next -> Create is somewhat cumbersome. A Simple Restart in addition to the Exit button, which just restarts from opponent 1 would be an extremely nice thing to have ;)

Tony

Insider
P.S.: Little feedback for the devs as well: As a bloody noob it is somewhat annoying in arena practice mode, that I'm thrown back to the main menu when pressing exit after a defeat. At least the name, char setup and equipment gets stored. But having to press Arena -> Practice -> Novice -> Next -> Create is somewhat cumbersome. A Simple Restart in addition to the Exit button, which just restarts from opponent 1 would be an extremely nice thing to have ;)
A shortcut is to not press "Exit" after a match, instead press "Esc" key and select "New Game". It will skip most of the menus this way.

Saranjivac

Looking forward for gearing/layers vid!
Keep up the good work!
The video is up! :)

A shortcut is to not press "Exit" after a match, instead press "Esc" key and select "New Game". It will skip most of the menus this way.
Won't new game start a new arena? He wants to start new practice, or does it work for that as well? If it does I had no idea, so I guess "Restart" is a bit more intuitive.

Last edited:

Tony

Insider
The video is up! :)

Won't new game start a new arena? He wants to start new practice, or does it work for that as well? If it does I had no idea, so I guess "Restart" is a bit more intuitive.
The method I described above starts a new practice arena match whilst skipping most of the menus. If you're in the novice practice arena it'll start a new novice match. If you're in the expert arena it'll start a new expert match.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.