Falling around

Do you use your arms to protect your face when you fall forward?

• Yes.

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • No.

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Knave

As always, those suggestions are just crazy ideas. I'm aware some of them may be too hard to implement.

1- I've noticed how every single time your character (or any other) falls they show a fairly poor display of reflexes.
They don't even try to protect their head at all! It's not that every low level scrub can perform a flawless ukemi, but most people don't act like a mannequin when they fall forward and their face is in danger. Else, most of us would have a flatter nose. So, why not...

A: Make falling characters move their arms forward a bit and try to avoid major damage? The best thing about this suggestion is that it doesn't even need to be a perfect animation, as it's an "attempt".

B: Make BOTH arms follow the cursor (to some extent) when falling.

2- And an extra suggestion but not least: Fall+physics damage. Since I saw wooden stakes and spikes on Exanima I've been wanting to push some enemy onto them. I'd love to see something like that in-game, as it would add some spice to the arena scenarios.

CharliePow

100% agree with physics based fall damage. I'm sure self-preservation behaviours will be added for the player character and enemies alike. Would be interesting to see an NPC that you've injured cover his face in defeat hoping you won't end him rightly. There would need to be some sort of damage-cap related to fall height so that small physics anomalies don't insta-kill you when you trip over.

Once pushing/kicking/charging is implemented, this sort of falling damage could create huge turning points in otherwise evenly matched fights. Imagine being locked in a long duel only to be pushed down a staircase.

Solinarius

Hitting your head on solid surfaces should pose some danger. It could bring some pretty satisfying scenarios, like if your opponent were recovery from a fall, you could kick their head into a surface for a KO or possible killing blow. Brutal...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.