Fallout 4: AKA the new "Let's go, pal" meme

OddSpierce

I'm titillated by the Fallout 4 trailer released earlier today. There aren't too many games that have captured me like the first time I played Fallout 3. It compelled me to buy the first two Fallouts and play them, and subsequently Fallout: New Vegas.

Any thoughts about the new location/story/companions/NukaCola flavor? Also, am I the only one that saw a zeppelin and a skyscraper and immediately thought of New York?

If you haven't seen the trailer yet, it is on a loop on their Twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/bethesda

OddSpierce

Except I rewatched it and read some of the chat, now aware that I apparently can't tell the difference between a zeppelin and the USS Constitution. Soooo the location is Boston

Guy

I am pumped. Don't want to see Boston, really wanted a midwest Fallout next,but hey, it's a new Fallout, so I will STFU.

Fallout is the only game I go back to over and over again, always. I play a vanilla usually once, then it is all about the mods. Heck, my latest game mods Three and FNV together, and it is almost seamless. Add in NV Bounties and other such add on content and I don't even need to play the main quests anymore unless I want to add them in.

I have always hoped for another game as satisfying as FO has been....... Maybe this is it. Lots of promise anway, that's for sure.

OddSpierce

You modded F3 and NV together!? How does travel from one game world to the next work? A designated hub or is it just a pseudo-teleport item?

Guy

I did not do the mod, you can find it at the Tale of Two wastelands link in my sig. There are several ways to play it, different mods using TTW as a base. Go check it out.

PS, re-read my post, I can see why you thought I did it. I did not have anything to do with the mod. I just play it and add other mods to it.

Primus

I have replayed Fallout 1 and 2 in anticipation of the new Fallout game, I've wanted to replay 3 and New Vegas but I've gotten so sucked into the old school RPG gameplay that I ended up re-downloading Wasteland and Wasteland 2 and playing them. Lawd help meh.

Guy

ugh, WL 2, what a disappointment. From wrong ammo for weapons to crappy tac control, ugh. Decent story, but sucky gameplay (my own opinion, YMMV). They needed FOT as a guide, or JA, for how to do the tac end of things.

Primus

ugh, WL 2, what a disappointment. From wrong ammo for weapons to crappy tac control, ugh. Decent story, but sucky gameplay (my own opinion, YMMV). They needed FOT as a guide, or JA, for how to do the tac end of things.
I find it kinda fun, its not that bad but its not that great either

RobG

Insider
WL 2 was a massive disappointment for me as well... expected something which would re-kindle my fallout 1+2 love affair and it fell way way short imo.

I saw some footage of fallout 4 the base building stuff seemed pretty cool actually but meh fps fallout, not for me tbh.

Reactions: Guy

Beaushizzle

TBH, Fallout 3 sucked. Terrible writing, numerous inconsistencies, horrible skill/perk progression, and the general urination upon of established Fallout lore. That being said, New Vegas was much better, getting back to the roots, but still not quite up to par. Leagues better than FO3. I'm...... hesitant.... to see the damage that Fallout 4 will do.

Bobob

I want it to be good so much. I'm willing to accept a voiced main character and console dialogue interface if the game makes up for it (unless I can mod it out). Still, I'm pretty hyped because of their recent videos.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.