First Kickstarter fraud

Psychomorph

Insider
Heard about this today: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/01/kickstopped-the-strange-case-of-mythic-gods-men/

In fact, I was waiting for this to happen at some point, haha. No trust in humanity I has.

You know, at some point during the Sui Generis campaign, when the developers went rather silent and inactive, I had a strange feeling, kind of thought if this is not some sort of a fraud (who knows, maybe still is, lol), but it seems the guys and girl felt either bit down about the slow progress, or were just too busy with real life, or both.

I hope that when Bare Mettle is settled in Siena, they will post a photo with all of them in one picture (in Siena) and not photoshopped, to be sure it's not a fraud. :D

Forgive my ignorance but I thought the whole point of kickstarter was that backers don't get charged unless the project gets fully funded? How did anyone get scammed?

Psychomorph

Insider
Luckily nobody was scammed, because the fraud was discovered (and KS stopped because of this), but a fraud attempt is a fraud attempt. Imagine nobody knew and the project got funded.

Tony

Insider
Yes, I'm sure there will be more attempts too. The only two crowdfunded projects I've backed are Sui Generis and Star Citizen. With Sui Generis they obviously haven't stolen anyone's ideas for their video and they are active on the their forums. Not to mention they are hosting forums in the first place. It would be quite an elaborate scam ;) Hard to fake showing multiple unique gameplay videos. And do I really need to say anything about Star Citizen and Chris Roberts? :p

However, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing photos once they get settled in Italy. Siena seems like a beautiful location!

Pilluminati

Insider
I'm pretty sure the LOTR movies were never made, it's a giant fraud. Just good editing.
Unless they can convince me otherwise with a picture of the whole crew.

/facepalm

Heh. That would have to be one clever scam to attract enough attention to reach funding & then scarper with the money & not get caught! True though, only a matter of time.

Pantheon

Insider
Well, something like that was bound to happen.
I'm rather cautious in that matter, although I really like the idea behind Kickstarter, but Sui Generis was just my second backed project after Wasteland 2 and I want to keep my backed projects fairly low, as much as I'd like to help out more projects.

Ickorus

Insider
Nobody in any of the various threads and articles on the issue seem to have noted the fly-over of what appears to be an icy location in WoW's Northrend.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.