Forfeit Workaround

cienade

Anyone else seem like the ability to forfeit to get out of a match for free and save your character is kinda bs? After watching my friends play I got the game, played for a bit, but I see no real reason to take the arena seriously if I can just cheese my way out of it. I understand it is a choice - but having the choice makes it not a choice. It is the optimal way to play, and not playing that way is almost intellectually disingenuous considering how many hours it takes to get good.

Thoughts? I see there has been some discussion of this already on the various internets. Have the devs lowkey left it in because the game can be so hard? I might seriously consider that if I was the dev.

The answer about save scamming is totally up to you, if you feel content doin it and it makes you feel happy then go for it.

personally I think you should give this game a chance and suffer a few(lotsa) beatings,
Gain more fighting experience (practice mode might help) the game combat system truly shines when you get used to it...

P5ykoOHD

Well, think of it this way:
The characters can decide to forfeit, it's then up to you to decide if you want to or not and force them into a life or death situation.

Either way, forfeit or not, you're still able to die from an instant 1hk type wack to the dome that will red you instantly.

PS: I find lower skill fights (anything under expert) to be more dangerous just because of the lack of armor protection and higher chance of red loss.

Shiznit

I don't think it's a feature that should be removed.

While it's true that it may feel like an easy escape to having your character killed, it definitely beats the alternative of knowing you're about to lose a fight with your Manager while you're at 95% red being one hit away from losing potentially tens or hundreds of hours arena progress. You can make that choice for yourself in the moment, to forfeit or not. (to permanently risk all that time invested or not)

With that said, I'll contribute with a possible (or impossible) solution:

Arena has different "modes" I guess....namely Pugilism, Doubles, Skirmish etc.

Perhaps one could petition for a mode where your ability to surrender is removed, like fight to the death, no forfeit kinda thing.

I've been insta-killed so many times before ever having a chance to forfeit, as a side note.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.