Forum Feedback

Brendan

Developer
That's strange, looks like it's not loading the right icon file for some reason. I'm actually using the exact same version of Chrome and it works fine here. Don't suppose Ctrl + F5 helps? (That forces it to reload all files from the server)

BrecMadak

Insider
Thanks for the very fast replies everybody ! Actually I tend not to test untill Brendan's reminding post; my bad; thought that since I quite often browse a lot in the board, it would already equal to ctrl+f5 which turned out to be Not !

Btw one issue to nitpick (though Cowmuflage already mentioned) drop down boxes do not fit with the theme and acts/seems quite dated and raw.

Brendan

Developer
No worries @BrecMadak.

I'm going pretty up the editor a bit at some point, but how does it feel raw/dated in terms of functionality? Or do you (and you, @Komuflage) just mean the look? I personally like it; it's the most efficient and customisable (hence the spoiler button, which wouldn't be possible with any other editor), supports mobile devices, drag'n'drop, saving drafts (which I find very useful) and has everything I'd expect in a compact UI.

BrecMadak

Insider
Nothing too serious Brendan, in terms of look I meant; for these 3: 'Alignment', 'Font Family', 'Font Size' drop down menus in these buttons holds needless amount of space and the white background looks a bit out of place imho.

Additionally font size drop down box would be more functional, if numbering would be horizontal rather than being vertical, and if so only in one line 1-7

Other than these everything is already great for me ! Thanks for taking our feedbacks with care.

Brendan

Developer
Nothing too serious Brendan, in terms of look I meant; for these 3: 'Alignment', 'Font Family', 'Font Size' drop down menus in these buttons holds needless amount of space and the white background looks a bit out of place imho.

Additionally font size drop down box would be more functional, if numbering would be horizontal rather than being vertical, and if so only in one line 1-7

Other than these everything is already great for me ! Thanks for taking our feedbacks with care.
Oh that's OK then. I've updated the dropdown colours already and there's still lots of other visual tweaks I need to make.

One more thing I'd like to mention about the drafts is that they're actually stored on the server for a week (I upped it from the default of 24 hours) and autosaved every 60 seconds on a per user, per thread basis. I think this is a really cool feature as it means you can just start formulating replies, even to multiple posts and you'll always find yourself back wherever you were, even if it's from a different PC a few days later.

Scarecrow

Insider
Just going to say i really like the updates Brendan, good work! I think its much better now, looks better, and is easier to use. Also, Spoiler function (Yay).

BreckMadak, i dont have the problem with Chrome either. Have you tried using a different browser?

BrecMadak

Insider
BreckMadak, i dont have the problem with Chrome either. Have you tried using a different browser?
Yes its working as intended now, fixed with ctrl+f5 thankfully.

Draft storing gotto be the biggest feature of this improvement, it really helps on long passages incase something bad happens.

Fawz

Insider
XenForo is indeed the best Forum software I've used (It's also used by the Double Helix Killer Instinct forums :D)

I really like the addition of the spoiler feature with the upgrade. Thanks for taking the time to keep things nice and up to date ;)

BrecMadak

Insider
Two questions;
1. Before this was forgotten gotto ask if this is ever feasible within XenForo ? It would easen up many things and make forum clear and simple;

I just had an idea of how to make duplicate posts less of an issue. What if the title of new threads were searched when the person clicked create. Then, it pops up saying, the title has been mentioned X many times in Y threads and presents the usual search results. Then, people cannot so easily overlook poorly named threads or forget to search for something.

I don't know how easy this would be to implement, but if XenForo can support it and BM have the time this would likely really improve the quality of discussion and prevent any more "Dev Videos for everyone?" posts.
2. And whenever I want to quote someone that has his own quote, it won't also add that but only his own message quoted, could this be changed into having all content what X person has in his post Brendan ? In other words, reply button doesn't check if X person has more than one quote on his post or not.

Komuflage

Insider
I dunno if this is the sites fault, or my spell assist (But I don't have this problem any were else)
But often if I say, have misspelled two words in a sentence, and use spell assist, to correct one of those two words, the red line under the other word would disappear. So in order to correct the other word, I would have to delete and rewrite part of it (One letter)

Psychomorph

Insider
The Inbox notification thing is really bad. It makes you lazy and check it instead of quickly going through forums and see for yourself and eventually discover new interesting discussions.

:p

Empire²

Insider
I guess this fits here perfectly:

For every speck of drama that slips into the forums every now and then, there is an overwhelmingly massive chunk of good discussion going on. Not only do we, as the community, regularly reassure Bare Mettle they should prioritise the quality of the game over the release date or accessible content, but we also contribute a lot to the development of Sui Generis through our suggestions and opinions. Even when BM as a developer has a clear idea of what their game will become, it doesn't hurt to reflect on the voice of the community. When things are unclear, they hop in for a discussion and an explanation that gives us more of an idea what the game will be like, and more to be excited about.

A lot of great ideas have been shared here, not to mention the amount of opinions polled and fun had with forum members and developers alike. I'd just like to thank Bare Mettle for not only the work they're doing on Sui Generis, but also the community they have gathered and support, as well as thank the community for the support given back to the team and the good discussions that are being sparked here.

*gets off soapbox*

BrecMadak

Insider
Two questions;
1. Before this was forgotten gotto ask if this is ever feasible within XenForo ? It would easen up many things and make forum clear and simple;

2. And whenever I want to quote someone that has his own quote, it won't also add that but only his own message quoted, could this be changed into having all content what X person has in his post Brendan ? In other words, reply button doesn't check if X person has more than one quote on his post or not.
just a reminder, still waiting for replies..

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.