Forum Feedback

JamesButlin

Insider
I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this before but none of the forum pages seem to have page titles in the form of
Code:
<title>This</title>

JamesButlin

Insider
Yeah the HTML tag, causing the site to show up in browsers as the full URL in the tab/window title. Just thought it'd be worth mentioning incase they wanted to add a default title to span across the forums :)

Joe Moore

Insider
Yeah the HTML tag, causing the site to show up in browsers as the full URL in the tab/window title. Just thought it'd be worth mentioning incase they wanted to add a default title to span across the forums :)
Ah, yeah I see that now. I bet they dropped the title tag out of their forum template.

BigT2themax

Insider
Yeah, EVERYONE hates smilies, they're totally not at all useful for anything, ever. :p

Notice how the smiley helps convey the fact I was being silly and sarcastic, and not just a huge jerk?
Another example would be if you had replaced your ":/" face, which seems to be indicating annoyance or a long, dissapointed sigh, with a ":p" face, it would look like you were just kidding around all jokingly and such. I'm not trying to argue, I'm just saying they're sometimes necessary to show the tone of what you're saying.

... I don't really know why I decided to post this. Oh, well.

JamesButlin

Insider
Yeah, EVERYONE hates smilies, they're totally not at all useful for anything, ever. :p

Notice how the smiley helps convey the fact I was being silly and sarcastic, and not just a huge jerk?
Another example would be if you had replaced your ":/" face, which seems to be indicating annoyance or a long, dissapointed sigh, with a ":p" face, it would look like you were just kidding around all jokingly and such. I'm not trying to argue, I'm just saying they're sometimes necessary to show the tone of what you're saying.

... I don't really know why I decided to post this. Oh, well.
Text based chat is horrific without emotion, so many things can be taken the wrong way! Anyway this is going off topic.. :eek:

BigT2themax

Insider
@ The Hedge Knight, yeah, I figured that's where you were going with it. That is very annoying, I agree. But one or two every so often isn't going to hurt, is it? ;)

Edit: more on topic, I'm wondering why there's achievements for this forum? I don't mind them, it's just a bit strange, is all.

MrIdontKnow

Insider
@ The Hedge Knight, yeah, I figured that's where you were going with it. That is very annoying, I agree. But one or two every so often isn't going to hurt, is it? ;)

Edit: more on topic, I'm wondering why there's achievements for this forum? I don't mind them, it's just a bit strange, is all.
If you don't mind them, why comment.

Without smilies can you tell what my emotion is?

BigT2themax

Insider
You seem annoyed that I'm asking a useless question. My apologies, I was just trying to stay on topic and say some feedback about the forum. Couldn't really think of anything to mention except the trophy points I had recently noticed.

Also, my point was that smilies are useful sometimes, in the cases of sarcasm or over-the-top jokes or general sillyness and other things that would normally be detected in normal speech through a person's tone of voice or their expressions. There's not really any need to use them all the time, I realise that, and it does get exhasperating seeing lots of them in a post. Not to mention it looks a bit... childish, I suppose? I can't really think of a better word.

In any case, emoticons are alright in moderation or when necessary to emphasise an expression or the tone of a statement, it's just that occasionally people overuse them and it gets on peoples nerves, understandably.

I have used forums like this before, I am ninety percent sure they simply come with the forum.

MrIdontKnow

Insider
You seem annoyed that I'm asking a useless question. My apologies, I was just trying to stay on topic and say some feedback about the forum. Couldn't really think of anything to mention except the trophy points I had recently noticed.

Also, my point was that smilies are useful sometimes, in the cases of sarcasm or over-the-top jokes or general sillyness and other things that would normally be detected in normal speech through a person's tone of voice or their expressions. There's not really any need to use them all the time, I realise that, and it does get exhasperating seeing lots of them in a post. Not to mention it looks a bit... childish, I suppose? I can't really think of a better word.

In any case, emoticons are alright in moderation or when necessary to emphasise an expression or the tone of a statement, it's just that occasionally people overuse them and it gets on peoples nerves, understandably.
Well you got that wrong because I was joking :p

MrIdontKnow

Insider
@The Dev team, is there anyway to implement a 5 thread mini search when creating a thread , It might cut down on some dupe thread but also it could be of much help.

If you typed a title in, it would search for what you type in all over the forums and display 5 threads above where you type your thread title.

What about implementing a twitter like system, allowing tags @Madoc and receiving alerts like that?

Also, Madoc have you had a look into replying and more options for us iPhone users, it's getting a bit annoying not being able to do any tags or what not without typing them myself!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.